Why Novant Health?
- Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities to advance to other roles and responsibilities!
- 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
- LeapFrog Grade “A” Ratings at Novant Health facilities
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Works under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy. Manages and coordinates day-to-day planning, evaluation and operation of the Pharmacy Department.
1. Develop and implement Pharmacy programs that are consistent with the Medical Center’s mission plan and goals.
2. Provide day-to-day supervision of the department including making work schedules and disciplinary actions when needed.
3. Assist in employee evaluations
4. Responsible for coordinating training and orientation of new Pharmacy employees, including AHEC and schools of pharmacy students.
5. Will be able to perform all duties required of staff pharmacists including routine staffing and clinical services.
6. Responsible for collecting, compiling and distributing information to staff on departmental QA reviews, periodic DUE’s, and P&T Committee actions.
7. Participates in the interviewing, and hiring of all pharmacy staff.
8. Develops guidelines for appropriate use of medications in the Medical Center
9. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments and medical staff
10. In the absence of the director will be responsible, with other managers, for the management of Pharmacy Services and decisions.
* Bachelor of Science
Education: Graduation from a School of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education with a Baccalaureate or PharmD degree.
Licensure/Certifications: Current registration and licensure by the State of North Carolina as a pharmacist.
Experience: 2 years in hospital pharmacy or 1 year hospital residency.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.