Job Opening Summary
This position is supporting General Pediatrics.
Responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services for patients receiving treatment within his/her assigned specialty. Clinical pharmacists are aligned with assigned patient population, medical team or designated specialty area within the hospital and/or ambulatory clinics. Provides active participation in related education and research activities.
Job Opening Qualifications
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy.
- PharmD or equivalent education and hospital or ambulatory training/experience required based on practice area of the position.
- PGY2 residency or equivalent experience required.
- Three to five years’ experience in a relevant practice area will be considered equivalent to each year of residency training.
- Board certification is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with medical, nursing and pharmacy staff, pharmacy residents and students is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of general hospital and outpatient clinic operations.
- Ability to integrate clinical services and educational activities is required.
- As a condition of employment within the Pharmacy Services Department of Shands Hospital, all employees must be accessible by telephone. This requires each employee to provide a valid telephone number to the department staff assistant in order for the department to reach them in the event of hospital need and/or emergency.
- Registered pharmacist in Florida or eligible for same.
Minimum Pay Rate - Hourly: $46.17
Midpoint Pay Rate - Hourly: $62.43
Internal Applicants - Apply Here
We invite you to join our team! Our work and passion for excellence are intended to have an impact beyond the communities in which we serve. You may apply for a maximum of 10 positions at any given time. For general application process topics please review our Frequently Asked Questions. For technical assistance please contact Human Resources at 352-265-0441.
UF Health Shands Hospital is committed to diversity as a competitive advantage in attracting top talent from across the nation and around the world. We believe in sharing knowledge, learning from one another, valuing different opinions, and celebrating the things that make each one of us unique in our own right. UF Health Shands Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V