McLeod Health is searching for clinical pharmacists to join our growing team on our main campus in Florence, SC and our Seacoast campus in Little River, SC (two minutes from beautiful North Myrtle Beach). We are seeking clinical pharmacists in the following specialty areas:
Outpatient Chemo Infusion
Transitions of Care
- Works as a team member with a positive attitude when interacting with other department employees including pharmacy students and residents in addition to other hospital personnel
- Displays expertise in medication therapy and exhibits the clinical and professional skills to positively interact with physicians, nurses, residents, students, and other health care practitioners
- Works primarily in a decentralized model providing comprehensive clinical pharmacy services including but not limited to pharmacokinetics, drug dosing consultations, and adult parenteral nutrition management.
- Develop, enhance, and standardize pharmacy policies and procedures related to medication use across the McLeod Health system.
- Coordinate and lead the activities of the Medication Safety Committee and subcommittees, including monitoring and analyzing adverse drug events (ADEs).
- Act as a pharmacist liaison between providers, nursing, and other departments to ensure high reliability medication-related processes and workflows.
Outpatient Chemo Infusion:
- Knowledgeable in medications and able to exhibit the clinical and professional skills to positively interact with physician, nurse, and other health care practitioners.
- Accurately interprets and enters medication orders in the computer for drug administration.
- Works closely with both the inpatient pharmacy and the infusion center team to optimize patient care.
Transitions of Care:
- Knowledgeable in medication therapy management
- Exhibits clinical and professional skills to positively interact with patients & all members of the healthcare team
- Works with inpatient and outpatient healthcare team to optimize medication therapy and improve medication accuracy during transitions of care.
• PGY1 required
• Ability to work independently required
• Baccalaureate or PharmD degree from an accredited school of pharmacy required
• Current, unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in the state of South Carolina
McLeod understands that not everyone has the same needs, desires, or life goals. That’s why we offer a wide variety of employee benefits, support, and developmental programs designed to help you create balance in your work and personal life. McLeod Health benefits include:
• Competitive Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Options
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Emergency Fund
• Child Development Center on the Florence campus
• Health & Fitness Centers
• Employee Discounts
• Healthier You Program – Employee Wellness Program
• Relocation assistance and sign on bonus!
About McLeod Health:
Founded over a century ago, McLeod Health is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 750 physicians, 2,000 registered nurses and more than 8,500 employees. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach. McLeod Health is the region's destination for medical excellence serving more than one million people.
To apply, please visit jobs.mcleodhealth.org or email cover letters/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.