The UIC College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice is seeking a full-time, motivated professional for the position of Visiting Clinical Assistant Professor/ Visiting Clinical Pharmacist who will provide substance use disorder and primary care services for the Community Outreach Project (COIP) Mobile Medical Unit(s) (https://coip.uic.edu/) and the University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System Opioid Use Disorder and Medication-Assisted Recovery Inpatient Consult Service. These innovative care models support care of patients across the continuum of inpatient, outpatient, and street medicine care.
The College of Pharmacy at UIC, with campuses in Chicago and Rockford, is the #1 college of pharmacy in the state of Illinois and the #7 college in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report. More information about the College and Department of Pharmacy Practice can be found at https://pharmacy.uic.edu and https://dpp.pharmacy.uic.edu.
- Provide substance use disorder and primary care services as part of the interdisciplinary team, including but not limited to medical assessments, medication counseling, initiation, and management, observed dosing, and other medical treatment as indicated and allowed by clinical protocols.
- Maintain a clinical practice site that fosters and supports interprofessional, clinical education with opportunities for precepting.
- Participate in quality improvement and scholarly activities related to the clinical practice site.
- Provide didactic/skills lab education via facilitation, lecturing, and/or course coordination.
- Foster an inclusive, equitable, and multicultural environment and interpersonal connections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PharmD degree from an ACPE accredited Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
- Completion of a Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) Residency or equivalent experience required.
- Must present evidence of, or eligibility for, Illinois licensure as a professional pharmacist by start date.
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA) or equivalent immunization training.
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must possess knowledge and skills such that they qualify for a non-tenured, clinical faculty position within the Department of Pharmacy Practice at the UIC College of Pharmacy.
- Completion of Post-Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) residency preferred or 2-3 years equivalent. experience in a pharmacy practice setting.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish language.
How and when to apply:
For fullest consideration, submit a completed on-line application Career Site (csod.com) by December 1, 2023. A letter of intent and current curriculum vitae must be attached to the application. The names and e-mail contact information of three professional references must be submitted directly into the application.
UIC is an EOE including Disability/Vets.
Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters or https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/one.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=5705 to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/sexual misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirements, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify Request and Accommodation or at https://jobs.uic.edu/request-and-accommodation