Clinical Pharmacy Specialist | General Pediatrics
UF Health Shands Hospital
UF Health Shands Hospital is consistently ranked among the nation’s best hospitals. We’re recognized for delivering high-quality patient care, and we have pediatric clinical pharmacy specialist positions open now. If you’re a pharmacy specialist looking for a rewarding position where you’ll learn and grow, start a new chapter in your career with us.
Delivering the best patient care requires the best care for our team.
- You’ll earn competitive compensation to keep you happy and productive.
- We look out for you and ourselves with full health and wellness benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement is available to help you grow.
- Relocation assistance may be provided.
Our patients — and our people — are the heart of what we do.
This is a unique opportunity for a specialist with both experience and strong passion for this field. Following are highlights of our clinical opportunities:
- You’ll provide clinical pharmacy services for patients receiving treatment within general pediatrics. Our team is a highly adaptable, tight-knit group dedicated to the highest standards of providing compassionate patient care.
- Our UF Health Shands Hospital is one of just four institutions that provide pediatric heart transplants in the area (the nearest alternative is Johns Hopkins in St. Petersburg). We also offer bone marrow, lung and kidney transplants for our pediatric patients. The transplant patients in our general pediatrics unit require regular follow-up care.
- GI patients are prevalent in our pediatrics population and most patients have short gut/bowel syndrome. Like transplant patients, it presents a unique and highly sought-after opportunity for our health care providers.
- Although it's not a part of the general pediatrics role, it's worth noting that our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is one of just ten Level 4 NICUs in Florida, providing care for the most critically ill neonates. The specialist in this position provides coverage when our NICU specialist is out, if you express interest.
- To make an impact as a pediatric clinical pharmacy specialist at UF Health Shands, you’re also required to actively take part in related education and research activities.
To achieve excellence in this full-time role, we’re looking for:
- Graduates of an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy.
- PharmD or equivalent education and hospital or ambulatory training/experience.
- PGY-2 residency or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of experience in a relevant practice area will be considered equivalent to each year of residency training.
- Board certification is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with medical, nursing and pharmacy staff, as well as pharmacy residents and students.
- Knowledge and understanding of general hospital and outpatient clinic operations.
- Ability to integrate clinical services and educational activities.
- To work in the Pharmacy Services Department at Shands Hospital, all staff members must be accessible via telephone.
Location: 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
Discover the many reasons UF Health Shands has earned accolades as a medical provider and as an employer.
For full job requirements and to apply: https://shands.careers.ufhealth.org/jobs/321643/
UF Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and a drug-free workplace.