GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides quality patient care in relation to the patient’s oncologic diagnosis, prescribed treatment, age group, and other identified needs. Provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to oncology patients to assure safe and effective drug therapy. Requires independent decision-making, clinical judgment, and in-depth knowledge of oncology and therapeutics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides drug and clinical information to other healthcare professionals in response to specific questions relating to new evolving issues related to the care of patients.
- Assures that all drug storage and drug accountability is in compliance with applicable federal and state requirements.
- Monitors that drug refrigerators are maintained within acceptable temperature range for drug storage.
- Serves as a resource to clinic staff for pharmacy issues and medication information.
- Supports the e-scripting needs of the clinic.
- Oversees daily chemotherapy drug order by pharmacy technician, and provides necessary coverage of this task as needed.
- Assures that the clinic and research pharmacy is managed in accordance with applicable Federal and/or State Pharmacy Law.
- Provides supervision and oversight to Pharmacy Technicians when covering as primary Oncology Pharmacist onsite.
- Supports processes for drug ordering, inventory, and management when covering onsite.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE):
- Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy with PharmD. Degree.
- Demonstration of practice experience
- Four (4) years of practice experience ** (i.e., Four years if experience after licensure/registration as a pharmacist) including 50% or more of that time spent practicing in the domains described in the Oncology Pharmacy Content Outline.
COMPETETIVE BENEFIT OFFERINGS:
100% Employer paid premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision
Employer paid base Life and AD&D Insurance
Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Leave
11 annual observed paid holidays, plus a birthday holiday
Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program with mental health, financial, and legal support
401k plans that allow for enrollment within 6 months of hire with profit sharing and immediate vesting
Ample, free parking with 24-hour security for a gorgeous office space
Continuing Education/Professional Development Support
License and Certification Reimbursement
Homebuyer Assistance Program and Much More!
TO APPLY: A Salish employment application and resume are required. Applications can be found at www.salishcancercenter.com or can be requested via email. Positions that are open until filled may close at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer while practicing Native preference according to law.
Completed Resumes can be sent to:
Human Resources Department
3700 Pacific Highway E.
Fife, WA 98424
Resumes can be sent to:
Due to the large number of applications that may be received, not everyone who applies for a vacant position will be interviewed. Only those interviewed will receive notification when the position is filled or closed.