Seeking full time, motivated clinical pharmacists in the Pediatrics service area.
Wellstar MCG Health (Formerly Augusta University Medical Center) is an academic medical center located in Augusta, Georgia comprised of a Level-1 Trauma Center, Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, comprehensive and complex cancer care and telestroke network, including a 478-bed adult hospital, 154-bed Children’s Hospital of Georgia, Georgia Cancer Center, and outpatient clinics across Georgia and South Carolina.
Wellstar MCG Health Pharmacy Department is seeking to fill multiple positions to provide clinical pharmacy services in inpatient adult and pediatric patient care units as we expand our clinical services. Clinicians will work closely with interdisciplinary care teams, in collaboration with other pharmacy personnel, to provide diverse and comprehensive patient care. We are excited to expand and grow our institution and department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Appropriate evidence-based medication use for the institution
- Provision of clinical pharmacy services for designated patients
- Medication order verification for designated patients
- Interdisciplinary collaboration to optimize drug therapy and prevent adverse medication events
- Engage in teaching and precepting as part of the health system’s mission
- Adverse event and medication error reporting
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring and consultation
- Provide drug information and education to medical and nursing staff
- Comply with applicable standards and regulations
BS Pharmacy or PharmD. GA Licensed Pharmacist. Completion of PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency or equivalent experience.
PharmD preferred. PGY2 Pharmacy Residency or equivalent experience in the specialty area.