*Infectious Disease Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
*PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (required)
*PGY2 Infectious Disease Residency or at least two years of clinical pharmacy experience in infectious disease, antimicrobial stewardship, and pharmacokinetics (required)1
. Provide recommendations and/or manage therapy associated with antimicrobial stewardship/pharmacokinetics, anticoagulation, parenteral nutrition, or other medication regimens as prescribed by the provider.
- Document clinical interventions on an ongoing basis.
- Round with interdisciplinary teams, as able.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of distributive responsibilities, including computer functions.
- Assist in investigational drug studies when needed.
- Provide on-call clinical pharmacy services as needed.
- Perform medication history review and assist providers with medication reconciliation as needed.
- Perform medication management activities as outlined per Wellstar policies.2
. Educational responsibilities
- Develop and provide educational programs/inservices for health care practitioners and patients as required.
- Provide drug information when needed or requested.
- Serve as a preceptor/instructor for students from accredited colleges/schools of pharmacy.
- Serve as a preceptor for the Pharmacy Residency Program (where applicable).
- Assist in developing drug protocols.3
. Participate on assigned Committees and Projects
- Participate as a member of the Wellstar Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee, as well as other System and facility-specific committees as assigned or as deemed necessary.
- Identify target medications/therapies, develop criteria, and implement data collection for Medication Use Evaluations (MUE). Tabulate and present completed MUE data to the P&T Committee.
- Assist in formulary maintenance by critiquing new entities, comparing medication classes, and developing therapeutic interchanges where applicable.
- Assist in preparing for and maintaining compliance with regulatory agency (e.g., The Joint Commission) standards/requirements.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college of pharmacy Required or
- Doctorate from an accredited college of pharmacy Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 3 years of clinical pharmacy experience or Completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Required and
- Experience with nutrition support, anticoagulation management, and pharmacokinetics, strongly preferred Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Experience with STAR, Microsoft Office, etc? preferred.
- Capable of preparing and providing presentations
- Strong organizational skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
-Board Certification (BCIDP preferred)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Board Certification (e.g., BCPS, BCGP, etc.) strongly preferred Preferred