Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center seeks a Residency trained Clinical Pharmacist with hematology/anticoagulation stewardship experience/training to join our growing team. A PGY2 residency is required.
Additional training opportunities exist for these specialty populations. The clinical pharmacist will work closely with a world-renowned hematologist to care primarily for patients with hemophilia and other hematological disorders. Additionally, the clinical pharmacist will serve as the department’s anticoagulation steward.
Position develops, implements, and monitors clinical pharmacy programs to improve patient care with an additional focus on decreasing cost; provides clinical services to patients and professional staff; interacts with medical staff on drug utilization and cost containment. May be asked to assist in supervising the activities of all department employees in consultation with the department Director and/or Pharmacy Manager.
Education: Bachelor of Science with equivalent experience or clinically oriented Master of Science degree accepted; Doctorate of Pharmacy degree preferred,
Completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience preferred
- Licensure in State of Texas.
- Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an in-house program or other accredited program if appropriate.
- Preferred completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year or greater experience as a Clinical Pharmacist I.
- Ability to promote teamwork, build effective relationships, and to lead/facilitate work groups.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and computer-assisted devices.
- Familiarity with health care reimbursement environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops and maintains a communication system which assures effective flow of information to and from staff. Serves as a role model for competent professional practice by educating, mentoring, and supporting pharmacy students, staff, residents, and peers.
- Seeks and recommends potential opportunities for cost containment.
- Seeks new ways of improving clinical pharmacy services. Works with others to continually identify areas for improvement.
- Effectively plans and manages resources for continuity of care between the patient care area, pharmacy and other settings. Participates in orientation and continuing education programs. Serves as a resource to pharmacy staff, physicians, and nurses.
- Assists with clinical research designed to evaluate clinical and economic outcomes of drugs and drug regimens.
- Works to develop, coordinate, and evaluate target drug programs, restricted drug programs, medication use-based performance assessment and improvement indicators, drug usage evaluation programs and cost containment programs. Develops and implements utilization reviews targeted for expensive, potentially harmful or improperly used drugs.
- Provides direction and guidance for development and review of clinical pharmacy educational services. Assists with implementation of educational programs for physicians and nursing staff.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.