Clinical Pharmacy Manager
Weirton Medical Center
Weirton, West Virginia
As a full-time, exempt CPS Solutions, LLC Clinical Pharmacy Manager, you will utilize your clinical knowledge and a strong clinical team in a progressive healthcare environment to lead the clinical pharmacy programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading clinical pharmacy programs and services.
- Developing drug policy to support optimal pharmaceutical care by assessing, developing, coordinating, implementing, and maintaining clinical pharmacy programs and services.
- Developing and implementing an Annual Clinical Plan with the Director of Pharmacy and the Regional Vice President of Clinical Service.
- Providing a leadership role in the development and maintenance of drug policy that promotes optimal cost-effective pharmaceutical care for all patients.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of clinically relevant tools to support clinical programs and aid the Director in maintaining the pharmacy.
Schedule: This position is scheduled to work 40 hours a week primarily daytime hours. The position may be required to work some extended hours which may include some evenings and weekends as business necessitates.
About the Facility: Weirton Medical Center is a 238-bed non-profit, acute-care, general community hospital serving the residents of West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The residents of West Virginia’s Tri-state region benefit from a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including clinical, diagnostic, expanded cardiology services, behavioral Medicine, and a diabetes clinic. The hospital also offers emergency medicine, home health care, rehabilitation, and occupational therapy a pain and wound treatment center. CPS Solutions, LLC has partnered with the hospital to manage the day-to-day operations of this pharmacy. This position is an employee of CPS Solutions, LLC.
- Pharm D or MS degree 1-3 years of clinical management experience within a Health System WV licensure in good standing
- PGY1 residency through an ASHP Accredited program or three years of clinical pharmacy experience required
- PGY2 residency through ASHP Accredited program or three years of clinical pharmacy experience preferred.
- Proven experience applying knowledge of Antimicrobial Stewardship in a hospital inpatient setting is strongly preferred.
- (PPD) TB Skin Test - Proof of negative TB skin test within the last 12 months
- (MMR) Measles, Mumps, and Rubella or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- Varicella - (2) documented doses or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- (Flu) Influenza-required for hire between Oct 1st-April 30th
- Respirator FIT Mask Test
- COVID Vaccine-Full
Benefits: All employees enjoy a competitive salary, and eligibility to participate in the 401(k) savings plan with a match. Full-Time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Time Off Plan, Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts and more.
CPS Solutions, LLC Requirements: All employment offers are contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test and signed onboarding documents. Additionally, you may be required to provide medical records or have additional medical examinations/background checks that are a specific requirement of the location or position in which you are hired. Due to the healthcare requirements of the location where you will work and the clients we support, this may include a COVID vaccine. This applies to internal transfers and status changes for internal CPS Solutions, LLC team members. CPS Solutions, LLC is also committed to a safe and drug-free workplace. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
About CPS Solutions, LLC: CPS is a team of industry experts with an extensive background in transforming pharmacy and other hospital operations for more than 50 years. We have partnered with over 800 healthcare facilities across the country to provide optimized pharmacy best practices and innovative technology solutions. We understand no two healthcare systems are the same, which is why we create customized services based on each client’s specific needs. This helps us drive superior financial and clinical performance across the continuum of care.
Our mission is to empower healthcare organizations to advance their standard of care. Our vision is to transform community healthcare one patient at a time.
CPS strives to create, sustain and cultivate a diverse organization where all team members are valued, included, and encouraged to bring their complete authentic selves to work every day. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, mental or physical disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.