The Senior Pharmacy Manager is a member of a broader local pharmacy leadership team and is responsible for managing pharmacy operations and services to one of the following: 1) An area that is complex, multi-faceted, specialty-based, large and/or high volume consistent with the quaternary medical center and clinic in Rochester; or 2) Multiple sites in the Mayo Clinic Health System that includes a larger "hub" hospital site along with other hospitals and clinic sites. This individual is a recognized pharmacy leader and provides strong, visible, values driven leadership and advocacy for pharmacy. Manages, implements and coordinates comprehensive pharmacy operations that are aligned with the overall department program, incorporates best practices, emphasizes the safety and optimized outcomes of our patients, and delivers the highest value care to our patients and the organization. Ensures incorporation, alignment with and support of departmental and institutional strategic vision, direction and priorities. Manages pharmacy services to ensure that all quality, legal, regulatory and accreditation standards are met or exceeded. Actively participates in and supports pharmacy education programs and scholarly activity.
- Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy. Doctor of Pharmacy degree (or Pharmacy BS degree if graduated before 2000).
- Completion of an accredited PGY2 Administrative pharmacy residency;
- OR completion of an accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency and a minimum of 2 years applicable pharmacy experience;
- OR a minimum of 4 years applicable pharmacy experience. Applicable experience includes providing, developing, implementing and overseeing progressive pharmacy operations in an integrated healthcare system and/or proven history of providing progressive services and leadership as a pharmacist.
- Strong commitment and evidence of achieving excellence.
- Proven history of successfully working in a team environment.
- Communicates effectively.
- Proven history of a commitment to patient care and alignment with Mayo Clinic values.
- Requirements must be met by employment start date.
The following are preferred: Previous supervisory/management experience. Master's degree in related field (e.g. MHA, MBA, MPH). Completion of leadership or management educational programs (e.g. ASHP leadership program, Mayo programs). Advanced skills in quality improvement, financial management, strategic planning, project management and team building. History of active participation and leadership in pharmacy professional organizations.
License or Certification
Current license to practice Pharmacy in the state he/she is located.
$144,000 / year minimum
Just as our reputation has spread beyond our Minnesota roots, so have our locations. Today, our employees are located at our three major campuses in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, Jacksonville, Florida, Rochester, Minnesota, and at Mayo Clinic Health System campuses throughout Midwestern communities, and at our international locations. Each Mayo Clinic location is a special place where our employees thrive in both their work and personal lives. Learn more about what each unique Mayo Clinic campus has to offer, and where your best fit is.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.