Job Description Description
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacist
The Pharmacist collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to provide medication management, medication access, and medication education to patients with a goal of improving the patient's clinical outcomes. They contribute to an efficient and effective workflow within the practice site and serve as the drug therapy expert for clinic.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Delivers evidence-based medication management to a specific patient population as part of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary care and support team for optimal care and service outcomes.
- Educates patients regarding medication details and disease states, tailoring communication as warranted using cultural competency and awareness of health, verbal and written literacy.
- Provides guidance to patients regarding medication access and adherence.
- Advises medical team regarding medication information using subject matter expertise.
- Assists with refinement and documentation of clinical processes. Participates in organizational improvement initiatives.
- Promotes a safe, clean and secure clinical environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of North Carolina
- Doctoral degree in Pharmacy.
- Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) ambulatory pharmacy residency, or an equivalent amount of relevant work experience.
- Credentialed as Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) as issued by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS).
- Eligibility to obtain Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner (CPP) certification.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Amb Phar Cln
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable