Clinical Pharmacotherapy Specialist - Adult Transplant
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- 10016, New York City
- Commensurate with Experience
- Closing date
- Jun 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Staff Pharmacist
- Specialty Area
- Work Setting
- Health System
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Pharmacotherapy Specialist - Adult Transplant.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for developing and maintaining a high-level practice in the area of Adult Transplant Services. Works under minimal supervision to troubleshoot challenges related to the delivery of patient care, clinical program management, and staff supervision. Responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining clinical pharmacotherapy programs.
- To fulfill the core values and mission of NYU Langone Medical Center and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Maintains professional competency and certification.
- Identifies and provides expertise for Medication Use Evaluations.
- Responsible for Pharmacy Resident precepting; Pharmacy student mentoring; and Scholarly activity.
- Hospital committee involvement, as identified and assigned by the Director of Clinical Pharmacy Services.
- Clinical intervention, adverse drug reaction, and medication error documentation and reporting.
- Develops and implements clinical practice guidelines that will enhance pharmaceutical care and medication safety.
- Evaluates and reports measures of patient encounter productivity and identifies methods to enhance efficiency of such encounters.
- Identifies and develops policies and procedures that optimize the pharmacy operations while meeting accreditation standards and applicable regulations.
- Contribute to professional development of staff, including Pharmacists and Clinical Pharmacists.
- Provides oversight for quality assurance of clinical pharmacy programs to improve quality of care.
- Develop and maintain a high-level clinical pharmacy practice. Participate in multidisciplinary, bedside rounds. Pharmacotherapeutic, pharmacokinetic and pharmaco-economics consultation. Medical response team, airway, stroke and acute coronary syndrome pager response. Patient admission histories. Transition of care involvement. Patient and Caregiver medication counseling. Participate in educational initiatives.
To qualify you must have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy. New York State Pharmacist Licensure. PGYI pharmacy residency training. PGY2 pharmacy residency training or equivalent salaried professorship at a school of pharmacy. Board certification in Pharmacotherapy or other specialty is required within 18 months of hire. Self-motivation, good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills..
Required Licenses: Pharmacist License-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $164,487.61 - $183,487.82 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert