Assistant Dean for Experiential Education & Open-Rank Clinical Faculty Position
Division of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy
The University of Texas at Austin
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy invites applications for the Assistant Dean for Experiential Education.
https://pharmacy.utexas.edu/programs/pharmd/experiential is a required component of the professional https://pharmacy.utexas.edu/programs/pharmd/experiential, providing experiences in pharmacy practice under the guidance of preceptor faculty. The Assistant Dean for Experiential Education will be also appointed as professional track clinical professor (non-tenure) faculty member in the https://pharmacy.utexas.edu/research-practice/college-divisions/pharmacy-practice at a rank consistent with qualifications and experience.
The Assistant Dean provides key leadership, coordination and oversight of all Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPEs) and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs). This individual works with regional internship personnel in the college's five Texas internship regions, and supervises the staff team in the College of Pharmacy Office of Experiential Education. They provide assurance that IPPE course coordinators are conducting IPPE courses in a manner that optimizes student experiential learning.
The Assistant Dean leads and is responsible for the implementation of all experiential education activities, including:
• directing all APPE rotation assignments
• recruitment, training, and development of preceptors
• maintenance of preceptor records
• communication with preceptors regarding student performance on rotation experiences
• ensuring equity, inclusion and accessibility in experiential education practices
• conducting regional site visits
• maintaining active affiliation agreements with all healthcare organizations where experiential education occurs.
Participation in teaching and service activities that support the mission of The University of Texas at Austin and the College of Pharmacy is expected. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with tenured/tenure-track and professional-track faculty colleagues on research and scholarship.
Minimum required qualifications:
• Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.) from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy
• Minimum of five years of academic pharmacy experience, including the supervision of student practice experiences
• Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Texas
• Demonstrated effective teaching
• Two years of post-graduate residency training is strongly preferred
• Previous administrative experience with experiential education is also preferred
Candidates must provide the following via Interfolio application site: http://apply.interfolio.com/124896
• Cover letter stating interest in the position and how qualifications meet requirements
• Most recent detailed curriculum vitae
• Teaching statement, which much include practices of supporting inclusion, equity and accessibility in the classroom
• A list of at least three (3) professional references with email contact information.
Applications received before August 1, 2023, will receive priority review, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status, or sexual orientation. Background check conducted on applicant selected.
The University of Texas at Austin | College of Pharmacy | 2409 University Ave., Stop A1900 | Austin TX 78712 | http://www.pharmacy.utexas.edu