Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice (Ambulatory Care - Cardiology)
The University of the Incarnate Word is seeking applicants for a full time, tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at the Feik School of Pharmacy. The expected practice site is the pharmacy run (PharmD) cardiology ambulatory clinic at the UT Health MARC Cardiology Clinic in San Antonio, Texas. Official duties and responsibilities of faculty members at the University include teaching, scholarship, service and professional activities. In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the UIW Mission.
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you, as the employee, to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
• Teaching in the didactic and experiential curriculum.
• Providing a clinical pharmacy service to patients in the pharmacy run (PharmD) cardiology ambulatory clinic at the UT Health MARC Cardiology Clinic in San Antonio, Texas.
• Precepting pharmacy student/resident rotations, presentations, and research projects.
• Providing services to the University.
• Engaging in scholarly activities.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Expert in the area of ambulatory care and/or cardiology pharmacy.
• Ability to work with students, patients, multidisciplinary providers, and pharmacy staff to optimize patient care.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
• Employees shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree with postgraduate residency training in ambulatory care and/or cardiology pharmacy or equivalent experience.
Required Work Experience
PGY2 pharmacy residency or fellowship, or equivalent experience in ambulatory care and/or cardiology pharmacy.
Board certification in pharmacotherapy or cardiology pharmacy.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Licensed pharmacist and eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the state of Texas.Applicants will be expected to become a certified preceptor with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.Applicants must obtain and maintain credentialing with the practice site.
Typical of faculty in this position.
Posting Number: UN683PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Faculty
Desired Start Date: 03/01/2023
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Assistant Dean and Chair of Pharmacy Practice
Salary: commensurate with experience
Open Date: 11/28/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please have 3 letters of recommendation sent to:
Cheryl Horlen, PharmD, BCPS
Assistant Dean and Chair of Pharmacy Practice
University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy
4301 Broadway, CPO 99
San Antonio, TX 78209
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4166274
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.