Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Infectious Disease–SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Closing date
- May 17, 2023
- Position Type
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Specialty Area
- Infectious Diseases
- Work Setting
- Health System
This position is for a CoPAT (Community-Based Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy) pharmacist to support Main Campus. This pharmacist will work under a consult agreement with the ID physicians to manage IV antimicrobials, oral azole antifungals, and injectable antiretroviral therapy, among other activities.
Coordinates and provides the pharmaceutical care of patients for an assigned clinical unit and participates in patient care rounds with medical staff personnel.
Please note: this position is eligible for a sign on bonus. Additional details can be provided upon verbal offer from recruiter. To be formally considered, please apply to this position an attach an updated CV highlighting all your experience to your application.
Job Description Responsibilities:
Performs pharmacotherapeutic monitoring and provision of pharmaceutical care for patients in the area of service responsibility in a routine, continuous manner, taking into account the age and clinical condition of each patient.
Provides general and patient specific drug information to patients, physicians, nurses and, and other health care professionals.
Interacts routinely with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to provide optimal pharmaceutical care to patients.
● Supports clinical pharmacist and technician educational development by participating in departmental staff development programs and provides leadership in the education of staff involved in providing pharmaceutical care to patients.
● Supports clinical pharmacists in providing pharmaceutical care to patients by direct interaction, and formal educational programs.
- Supports and participates in pharmaceutical related research in area of specialty.
● Maintains expertise in areas of practice through continual learning, journal review and other educational activities.
- Educates clinical pharmacists, technicians, pharmacy students, post graduate trainees, allied health professionals, nurses and physicians in pharmacotherapy within in the specialty area.
- Other duties as assigned.
● PharmD or Bachelors of Science degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy and completion of a postgraduate residency or fellowship training required.
● If hired for a specialty area where specialty residency training is available, then specialty residency is required.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh) or eligible for reciprocation in current State within 90 days of hire. Board Certification preferred.
● For individuals required to administer immunizations,currentBasic Life Support (BLS)certification through American Heart Association (AHA) andcompletion of a Board of Pharmacy approved course inthe administration of immunizations or certificationobtained within 90 days of hire are required. For individuals required to respond to adult or pediatriccardiopulmonary arrest events, current Advanced Cardiovascular Life (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)Certification through American Heart Association (AHA), orcertification obtained within one (1) year of hire, is required Support (ACLS) or PediatricAdvanced Life Support (PALS)Certification through American Heart Association (AHA), orcertification obtained within one (1) year of hire, is required.
Complexity of Work:
● Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
● Demonstrates a service orientation toward patients, staff, and visitors.
● Conveys a positive, professional image at all times.
● Completion of a post-graduate year 2 residency (PGY2) or fellowship required or Completion of a post-graduate year 1 residency (PGY-1) plus 3 years of experience as a clinical specialist or equivalent role which includes providing pharmaceutical care and performing pharmacotherapeutic monitoring including 50% or more of time spent in the specialty area or
●5 years of experience as a clinical specialist or equivalent role which includes providing pharmaceutical care and performing pharmacotherapeutic monitoring including 50% or more of time spent in the specialty area.
●Typical physical demands include ability to perform the job while standing and walking for prolonged times, approximately 75% of shift and continuously for extended periods of time.
● Manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer and dispensing functions of the job; ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
● Position often includes reaching, stretching, stooping, climbing steps and sitting.
● Must have normal or corrected vision.
● Must have ability to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person
Personal Protective Equipment:
● Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. All new caregivers must clear a nicotine test within their 90 day new hire period. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after one year. Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert