Open an exciting new chapter in your career as a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist supporting our general pediatrics team at UF Health Shands Hospital, a nationally recognized, 1,162-bed academic medical center located in beautiful Gainesville, Florida.
UF Health Shands Hospital Pharmacy Department is seeking a clinical pharmacy specialist to provide services on our inpatient General Pediatrics patient care units. The clinician will work with the existing pediatric clinical specialists and pharmacy team to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to our patients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of clinical pharmacy services for General Pediatrics patients
- Medication order verification for designated patients
- Interdisciplinary collaboration to optimize drug therapy and prevent adverse medication events
- Adverse event and medication error reporting when necessary
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring and consultation
- Providing drug information and education to medical and nursing staff
- Precepting and mentoring pharmacy students and pharmacy residents
- Providing active participation in related research activities
In addition to above, this position includes eligibility for adjunct faculty appointment at the University of Florida College of Pharmacy. Numerous teaching, research, and professional development opportunities are also available.
UF Health Shands Hospital provides diverse and comprehensive patient care services including a wide variety of critical care, hematology/oncology, pediatric, neurosurgical, cardiovascular and general medicine services. UF Health Shands Hospital’s specialty programs are consistently ranked among the nation’s best in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospital rankings. For 2022 - 2023, UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital tied for the No. 1 pediatric hospital in Florida and earned national rankings in five pediatric specialties. Overall, UF Health Shands Hospital was ranked in 10 adult and pediatric medical specialties. UF Health Shands Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center and a Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Candidates must have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and completion of a PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency and PGY-2 Pediatrics residency (or in the process of completing) or equivalent experience is required. Board certification is preferred. To apply, please visit https://shands.careers.ufhealth.org/ and apply to job ID 96620.
Contact Information: Lisa Thames, PharmD, BCPS
Shands at the University of Florida
PO Box 100316
Gainesville, FL, USA 32610-0316