Clinical Instructor/Float Clinical Pharmacist
- University of Illinois at Chicago/UI Health
- Chicago, Illinois
- commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Apr 12, 2023
- Position Type
- Staff Pharmacist
- Specialty Area
- Ambulatory Care
- Work Setting
- College / University, Outpatient Clinic
The Department of Pharmacy Practice at the University of Illinois Chicago College of Pharmacy, is seeking two full time (40 hours) Clinical Instructor/Float Clinical Pharmacists to join the Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Services unit. These positions will support the daily operations of seven Ambulatory Pharmacy areas as required by staffing levels. The seven areas serve our patients primarily Monday through Friday, with one pharmacy providing Saturday hours as well.
Duties & Responsibilities
Float Clinical Pharmacist responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- the accurate and efficient review of prescriptions using Epic across the various programs we service
- facilitating workflow and supervising the daily activities of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy externs
- applying compliance to USP 795, 797 and 800 as required by pharmacy service area
- administering immunizations
- providing patient counseling
- collaborating with providers, nurses and pharmacy staff to provide safe and positive outcomes to our patients, employees and UIC students.
- serving as a drug resource for the medical and nursing staff for medication-related questions
- practicing and communicating standards in an outpatient, hospital-based clinic setting
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure as a professional pharmacist in Illinois as of start date
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited College of Pharmacy PharmD program
- Must possess knowledge and skills such that they qualify for a non-tenured clinical faculty position (at the rank of Clinical Instructor) with the Department of Pharmacy Practice at the UIC College of Pharmacy.
- Demonstrated pharmacy experience in a retail or outpatient clinic setting
- Knowledge of processes to resolve medication & insurance related issues
- Bilingual English/Spanish
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert