Clinical Pharmacist - Intensive Care Unit
- St. Dominic Hospital
- Jackson, Mississippi
- Based on years of experience
- Closing date
- Apr 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Specialty Area
- Critical Care
- Work Setting
- Health System
Hours: Mon - Fri 8 am - 4:30 pm rotating weekends - Full time and PRN positions available.
Job Summary: The Clinical Pharmacist enhances the quality of patient care by influencing safe, appropriate and cost effective medication therapies through verifying medication orders, consulting with doctors and nurses on the appropriate dosing and selection of therapeutic alternatives for patients and assisting the physician by monitoring the metabolic and nutritional needs of the patient. The Clinical Pharmacist assists in the development of clinical pathways which involve monitoring protocols and compliance for medication orders, participating in quality improvement and drug utilization activities and providing documentation of services. The position is expected to meet state certifications, requires familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures, and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy and continuing education requirements of the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy.
- Training and Special Skills: Board Certified in Critical Care would be preferred or eligible to become board certified within 1 year. Excellent Verbal and written communication skills. Requires a creative analytical thinker and relies on personal judgment to accomplish goals.
- Licensure: Current license with the MS Board of Pharmacy; RPH
- Experience: Previous experience of at least 2 years of Clinical Pharmacy experience. At least one year of post-graduate residency training (PGY-1) is preferred and will be regarded as an equivalent of 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- Record Management: This will have been satisfactorily performed when:
- Clinical activities are accurately documented and completed in electronic health record.
- Consultation: This will have been satisfactorily performed when
- Information pertaining to pharmaceutical supplies, drug usage, and compatibility is communicated to nursing and medical staff within specified time frames.
- Physicians are advised and assisted on issues concerning drug therapy, toxicity of drugs, their side effects and the prescription of appropriate doses as evidenced by accurate documentation in clinical measures 100% of the time.
- Participation in the development and delivery of education programs for Pharmacy and Patient Care Services as evidenced by documented attendance on sign-in sheets.
- Liaison relationships with medical and nursing staff are maintained as evidenced by lack of complaints.
- Ensures Quality and Cost Effectiveness: This will have been satisfactorily performed when
- Medication regimens are evaluated for appropriateness of therapy, and modifications are suggested as to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Antibiotic dosing in regards to renal function and diagnosis is evaluated and adjusted to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Necessary actions to ensure patient safety and compliance with the Joint Commission Standards for anticoagulation therapy are evaluated and performed as evidenced by accurate and timely documentation in Clinical Measures at all times.
- Other Duties as Assigned: This will have been satisfactorily performed when
- As a mentor for Pharmacists in training, engages in activities that include practical and did practice experiences as evidenced by pharmacist's ability to accurately complete assigned tasks.
- Other projects as assigned are completed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert