Cardiology/Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Closing date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Position Type
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Specialty Area
- Cardiology, Emergency Medicine
- Work Setting
- Health System
Clinical Pharmacist – Cardiology/Emergency Medicine: provides care in a regular rotation to support heart center satellite pharmacy staffing and a decentralized clinical pharmacy services. In the decentralized role, this pharmacist will rotate between our cardiology stepdown areas as well as emergency department and is responsible for numerous activities which include patient and provider education, medication profile review and optimization, order verification, cardiology service rounding, support for nursing staff, and medication reconciliation. In addition, the pharmacist is responsible for precepting pharmacy students and residents as well as participation in process improvement and other committees within the department.
Provides pharmacy services and ensures the appropriate selection, dosing, administration, and dispensing of medication orders.
- Provides safe, efficient, patient-centered, evidence-based medication services.
- Verifies medication orders and/or dispenses medications accurately according to state and federal regulations.
- Documents services in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Actively contributes to medication safety initiatives.
- Utilizes available technology proficiently and to full extent, in their area of practice.
- Ensures all pharmacy operations are in compliance with national accreditation standards.
- Maintains professional interactions with patients to facilitate successful patient experiences.
- Directs staff appropriately to provide safe and efficient care.
- Maintains professional working relationships with all caregivers.
- Promotes a positive work environment by providing constructive ideas and feedback to improve services and the department.
- Educates and trains students, residents, other caregivers, and/or patients.
- Provides cost-effective care.
- Accountable for drug use policy adherence.
- Utilizes time and resources effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert