Full-Time Faculty – Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Fullerton, California – Marshall B. Ketchum University, a private not-for-profit health care professions university, is currently seeking a full-time faculty member for its new College of Pharmacy. The College is dedicated to excellence in education, service to the community, and research/scholarship. Working together with an outstanding leadership team, the faculty member will realize the College’s goal of reimagining the future of health care with an emphasis on advanced pharmacy practice skills, clinical medicine, and interprofessional education.
Individuals with experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply: internal medicine, ambulatory care, and/or pharmacotherapy. Reporting directly to the Department Chair of Pharmacy Practice, the faculty member is expected to teach in the Doctor of Pharmacy program, mentor students, provide patient care services as applicable, precept students, support College research initiatives, and participate in the service activities of the department, College, and University. Teaching expectations include course coordination and instruction with incorporation of active learning techniques. Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate ideas, achieve shared goals, and possess strong interpersonal skills. Candidates with a terminal degree (PharmD or equivalent), residency / fellowship training, board certification, and/or experience in course design, instruction, and evaluation are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Terminal degree (e.g., PharmD or equivalent).
- As applicable: current California Registered Pharmacist Licensure (or must be eligible for and complete licensure within one year of hire).
- Completion of a residency and/or fellowship program, or have equivalent experience in pharmacy practice.
- Professional board certification(s) in a specialty is encouraged.
- Documented experience and accomplishments in teaching, professional practice, and scholarship at a level appropriate for appointment as an Assistant Professor preferred.
- High degree of knowledge of current professional trends in pharmacy as related to clinical care and practice management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific literature and academic publications.
- Demonstration of ethical conduct, professionalism, interpersonal and leadership skills, and management abilities.
Information about the new College of Pharmacy can be found at http://www.ketchum.edu/pharmacy.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names of three potential references, contained in a single pdf document. The application should be directed to the Search Committee for the Department of Pharmacy Practice at: email@example.com.
MBKU is an equal opportunity employer; requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.