Director of Clinical Research / Open Rank Faculty (Clinical Assistant/Associate/Full Professor)
- UIC - College of Pharmacy
- Chicago, IL
- $120,000-$175,000 with benefits
- Closing date
- Mar 10, 2023
- Position Type
- Specialty Area
- Work Setting
- College / University
The University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice is seeking a Director of Clinical Research. This position provides oversight to the Clinical Research Team housed in the Department of Surgery. The Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of departmental research and study execution including personnel management, study oversight, invoicing, budget creation, and grant proposal submission. The position also holds an academic clinical faculty appointment at a rank commensurate with experience.
The College of Pharmacy at UIC, with campuses in Chicago and Rockford, is the #1 college of pharmacy in the state of Illinois and the #7 college in the US as ranked by US News & World Report. More information about the College, the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Department of Surgery can be found at https://pharmacy.uic.edu and https://dpp.pharmacy.uic.edu and https://chicago.medicine.uic.edu/departments/academic-departments/surgery/
- The academic responsibilities of the clinical faculty member (Clinical Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) include the provision of didactic lectures and precepting Doctor of Pharmacy students, residents and fellows.
- Scholarly activities, including presentations and publications, are an expectation as well.
- Clinical Pharmacist duties entail working closely with health-care providers, patients, and trainees in providing innovative pharmacy services.
- Overseeing all research coordinators and research assistant activities.
- Overseeing regulatory coordinator activities to ensure compliance with institutional review board (IRB) requirements.
- Daily screening of transplant patients for possible enrollment in various ongoing studies.
- Approaching patients and participating in the informed consent process regularly.
- Overseeing all aspects of study initiation, execution, and reporting for clinical trials, IIS, in vitro analyses, etc. within the transplant research space.
- Serving as an expert consultant for other non-transplant surgery research studies surrounding protocol development, budget creation, resource allocation, etc.
- Participating in data collection populating Electronic Data Capture (EDC) tools for various clinical trials.
- Ensuring the capture and reporting of adverse events (AE) and serious adverse events (SAE) for clinical trials.
- Maintaining and regularly updating National Institute of Health (NIH) biosketches to participate in collaborator funded projects.
- Ensuring Clinical Trials.gov entries follow national reporting for investigator-initiated studies (IIS).
- Create IIS opportunities within the transplant research space including project solicitation, protocol creation, budget creation, personnel acquisition, securing contract, and study execution.
- Meet virtually or in-person with research stakeholders from within the department, interdepartmental, or within funding agencies / companies.
- Attend primary or co-investigator meetings held from funding agencies / companies (may require national or international travel).
- Invoice generation for study related activities (at least quarterly).
- Creation of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts for institutionally developed work.
- Attendance at national and international transplant surgery meetings.
- Regularly fielding new potential research collaborations and working with internal stakeholders to determine feasibility of such endeavors.
- Regularly hold and lead Clinical Research Team meetings.
- Perform yearly evaluation of Research Coordinators.
- Manage budgets for clinical studies and recruit and secure personnel as needed to execute studies.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- PharmD from an accredited ACPE College of Pharmacy.
- Active Illinois licensure as a professional pharmacist.
- Qualified to hold a clinical faculty appointment in the College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice.
- Professional certification and/or relevant clinical research experience and pharmacy practice experience.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in relevant clinical research and practice area, preferably in an academic medical center.
- Relevant residency/fellowship experience.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in administrative skills such as research coordination including personnel management, study oversight, invoicing, budget creation, and grant proposal submission.
How and When to Apply:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications may only be submitted via the university’s online application system at https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3161?c=uic
For fullest consideration, submit complete application materials by March 3, 2023. Applications must include all the following:
- A letter of intent describing relevant qualification, experience, and interest in the position.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Names and contact information of three professional references.
The search is open until March 17, 2023.
UIC Required Language:
UIC is an EOE including Disability/Vets.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert