Pharmacy Clinical Specialist - Solid Organ Transplant
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Closing date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Position Type
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Specialty Area
- Solid Organ Transplantation
- Work Setting
- Health System
- Performs pharmacotherapeutic monitoring and provision of pharmaceutical care for patients in the area of service responsibility in a routine, continuous manner, taking into account the age and clinical condition of each patient.
- Provides general and patient specific drug information to patients, physicians, nurses and, and other health care professionals.
- Interacts routinely with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to provide optimal pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Supports clinical pharmacist and technician educational development by participating in departmental staff development programs and provides leadership in the education of staff involved in providing pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Supports clinical pharmacists in providing pharmaceutical care to patients by direct interaction, and formal educational programs.
Supports and participates in pharmaceutical related research in area of specialty.
- Maintains expertise in areas of practice through continual learning, journal review and other educational activities.
- Educates clinical pharmacists, technicians, pharmacy students, post graduate trainees, allied health professionals, nurses and physicians in pharmacotherapy within in the specialty area.
Other duties as assigned.
- PharmD or Bachelors of Science degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy and completion of a post-graduate residency or fellowship training required.
- If hired for a specialty area where specialty residency training is available, then specialty residency is required.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh) or eligible for reciprocation in current State within 90 days of hire. Board Certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Demonstrates a service orientation toward patients, staff, and visitors.
- Conveys a positive, professional image at all times.
- Completion of a post-graduate year 2 residency (PGY2) or fellowship required or
- Completion of a post-graduate year 1 residency (PGY-1) plus 3 years of experience as a clinical specialist or equivalent role which includes providing pharmaceutical care and performing pharmacotherapeutic monitoring including 50% or more of time spent in the specialty area or
- 5 years of experience as a clinical specialist or equivalent role which includes providing pharmaceutical care and performing pharmacotherapeutic monitoring including 50% or more of time spent in the specialty area.
- Typical physical demands include ability to perform the job while standing and walking for prolonged times, approximately 75% of shift and continuously for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer and dispensing functions of the job; ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Position often includes reaching, stretching, stooping, climbing steps and sitting.
- Must have normal or corrected vision.
- Must have ability to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis, and being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert