- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance – up to $10,000!
- State-of-the-art medical and training facilities
- Paid parental leave for birth/adoption of a child
- Retirement benefits with match from day one
Join Inova Schar Cancer Clinic in our Ambulatory Pediatrics Department as a Pharmacy Clinical Specialist! This is a full-time, Monday-Friday, Day Shift position. Apply today to Job ID 622223!
Eligible for a 10K Sign-On Bonus
- Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes and critical pathways. Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation, and communication of cost-effective medication use issues in collaboration with the medical staff. Supports the Pharmacy's pharmacoeconomic efforts and targeted compliance programs. Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners and patients. Suggests appropriate and cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed. Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, adverse drug reactions and appropriateness of drug/dose. Performs all the functions/duties of the Pharmacist. Provides education and information to patients on pharmaceutical care and drug therapy. Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to the professional staff and contributes to newsletters for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Provides training and education to Pharmacists regarding pharmaceutical care and Pharmacoeconomics. Supervises and instructs Pharmacists and Pharmacy students. Prepares and presents drug reviews, MUE criteria, antibiotic sensitivity reports, adverse drug reaction reports and pharmacy intervention summaries to the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee. Participates in community educational programs and contributes to the advancement of the profession through presentations at local, state and national meetings. Prepares reports on pharmaceutical care and Pharmacoeconomic activities as directed. Coordinates the development of policies and procedures for clinical activities such as therapeutic interchanges. Participates in the quality improvement activities of the department. Collects and analyzes data and maintains documentation of all clinical activities. Establishes productive/collaborative relationships with staff members, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Experience: 1-year clinical experience
- Education: Pharm D License: Virginia pharmacist license active within 90-days
- Certification: ACLS within 6 months
- Shift/Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ambulatory Pediatrics Background
- Location: Inova Schar Cancer Clinic
Inova’s hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
We are proud to be named one of Forbes’ 2022 Best Employers for Women, #11 of 5,000+ facilities on NurseJournal’s national 2023 Best Places to Work as a Nurse list, and a Top Performer in the 2022 Healthcare Equality Index for LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality.
Inova’s Anti-Discrimination Employment Policy
Inova Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. To fulfill this commitment, Inova Health System does not discriminate in any employment-related decision and administers all of its employment programs, procedures and practices without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information. Inova operates both affirmative action and equal opportunity programs, consistent with federal and state requirements, including Governor's Executive Order One (2018). Consistent with federal and state requirements, Inova also prohibits retaliation against any person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice.