Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Job ID: 92120
UF Health Shands Hospital, Gainesville, FL
The UF Health Shands Hospital Pharmacy Department is seeking a clinical specialist to provide services on our inpatient Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), which is licensed for 24 beds. The clinician will work with existing pediatric clinical specialists and the pharmacy team to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to our patients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of clinical pharmacy services for inpatient PICU patients
- Medication order verification for designated patients
- Interdisciplinary collaboration to optimize drug therapy and prevent adverse medication events
- Adverse event and medication error reporting when necessary
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring and consultation
- Providing drug information and education to medical and nursing staff
- Educating and mentoring pharmacy students and pharmacy residents
- Providing active participation in related research activities
In addition to the above, this position includes eligibility for adjunct faculty appointment at the University of Florida College of Pharmacy. Numerous teaching, research and professional development opportunities are also available.
UF Health Shands Hospital is a nationally recognized, 1,162-bed academic medical center located in beautiful Gainesville, Florida. UF Health Shands Hospital provides diverse and comprehensive patient care services, including a wide variety of critical care, hematology/oncology, pediatric, neurosurgical, cardiovascular and general medicine services. The hospital’s specialty programs are consistently ranked among the nation’s best in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospital rankings. For 2022–2023, UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital tied for the No. 1 pediatric hospital in Florida and earned national rankings in five pediatric specialties. Overall, UF Health Shands Hospital was ranked in 10 adult and pediatric medical specialties. UF Health Shands Hospital is a Level 1 trauma center and a Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Candidates should have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and completion of a PGY-2 Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent experience is required. Board certification is preferred.
To apply, please visit https://shands.careers.ufhealth.org/jobs/304076/
Or submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Contact Information: Lisa Thames, PharmD, BCPS
Shands at the University of Florida
PO Box 100316
Gainesville, FL, USA 32610-0316
UF Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and a drug-free workplace.