Pharmacist Practice Lead, Medication Strategy and Health Outcomes
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Based on experience
- Closing date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Specialty Area
- Administration, Drug Information
- Work Setting
- Health System
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (AHWFBMC) is currently searching for motivated candidates for a Pharmacist Lead in Medication Strategy and Health Outcomes. This position is an integral part of a large pharmacy team and progressive group of pharmacy leaders who provide comprehensive pharmacy services throughout the medical center. The Department continues to seek talented and motivated individuals to add to its team.
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist (AHWFB) is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, NC and part of Atrium Health Enterprise. Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system- anchored by Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary care hospital- that includes Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 300 primary and specialty care locations and Wake Forest School of Medicine, the academic core of Atrium Health Enterprise and a recognized leader in experiential medical education. AHWFB admits approximately 60,000 inpatients each year, its emergency rooms have approximately 187,000 visits each year, and has close to 2 million outpatient visits at all ambulatory and outpatient departments.
Over 350 administrators, pharmacists, and technicians provide comprehensive pharmacy services spanning the continuum of care across multiple patient populations. AHWFBMC has a long history of clinical excellence and innovation in pharmacy practice. Today, the department provides service based clinical services to more than 47 inpatient services and a variety of ambulatory clinics. Pharmacists and technicians partner to ensure safe transitions of care during patient admission and discharge and assist patients in accessing pharmaceutical care. In the ambulatory setting the Department of Pharmacy has community and specialty outpatient services as well as home infusion. Graduate Pharmacy Education consists of eleven residency programs, an internship program, and learning experiences for three schools of pharmacy in North Carolina.
The Pharmacist Lead in Medication Strategy and Health Outcomes is responsible for:
- Facilitating the design, implementation, and monitoring of strategies to ensure safe, clinically effective, and cost-effective medication use across the Health System
- Actively participating in the development and implementation of performance/quality improvement activities for service areas and pharmacy enterprise
- Manage, analyze, and leverage data to drive medication utilization decision making
- Formulary management
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee support
- Monitors medication utilization and prescribing pattern metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Strategic partnerships with pharmacy service lines
- Identification of medication use strategy needs to impact practice
- Education of healthcare professionals
- Collaboration on department, enterprise and interprofessional initiatives
- Precepting pharmacy residents and students
- Representation on committees
Position requirements include:
1. Education: Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited College of Pharmacy
2. Clinical training and experience: Completion of PGY1 Pharmacy residency and PGY2 Medication-Use Safety and Policy (or Drug Policy) or HSPAL is preferred (or 2-4 years health-system experience may be considered in lieu of formal training and exceptional aptitude or knowledge may be considered in lieu of experience).
3. Licensure/certifications: Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the state of North Carolina required, Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) certification preferred
Interested applicants must apply online via http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/. Please contact Meredith Hollinger at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Confidential inquiries and nominations may be directed to Lauren Way, Talent Acquisitions, at email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert