Day shift (7:30a-4p), rotating weekends/holidays
We’re developing the workforce of tomorrow with a visionary new culture. Our managers are the ones who are making it happen, ensuring that this is a great place to work. Join us now in leading a caring and positive team that is ready for a bright future ahead.
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist serves as a critical care clinical pharmacy resource for the health system, promoting evidence-based pharmacotherapy and sound pharmaceutical care through the development of medication protocols, formulary management, and drug therapy policies.
- Conduct departmental activities to meet the goals, objectives and policies of the pharmacy department.
- Participate in improvements in interdepartmental policies and procedures, which support the Pharmacy Department and Hospital's strategic goals.
- Serve as the medication expert on intensive care and intermediate care units and is available to provide time-sensitive, accurate information for other healthcare providers in acute scenarios.
- Provide guidance for critical care drug selection and pharmacotherapy regimens in accordance with evidence-based guidelines.
- Play a vital role in resuscitation efforts during medical emergencies.
- Serve as the pharmacy representative on multidisciplinary committees involving critical care and develops critical care-specific educational programs, protocols, standard operating procedures, and order sets.
- Educate other healthcare providers on approved treatment guidelines and criteria to increase appropriate and cost-effective use of medications in the ICU/IMU.
- Serve as a preceptor for Pharmacy School Students and AAMC Pharmacy Residents.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Current Maryland State License
- Completion of PGY-1 residency or 2 years of demonstrated clinical experience required
- Completion of PGY-2 residency or board certification in critical care preferred
We offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits. For the complete position description and to apply, visit https://d.hodes.com/r/tp2?e=se&tv=pixel_tracker&p=web&aid=annearundel&se_ca=misc&se_ac=click&se_la=35476&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.luminishealthcareers.org%2Fjob%2F16684974%2Fclinical-pharmacy-specialist-critical-care-ft-annapolis-md%2F%3Futm_source%3Damerican%26utm_campaign%3Dnull%26utm_medium%3Dmcloud-misctags%26utm_term%3D35476_Clinical%2520Pharmacy%2520Specialist%2520%25E2%2580%2593%2520Critical%2520Care
Luminis Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace including sexual orientation and gender identity. Tobacco-Free Workplace.