Clinical Pharmacist-Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Closing date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Specialty Area
- Internal Medicine
- Work Setting
- Health System
- Provides safe, efficient, patient-centered, evidence-based medication services.
- Verifies medication orders and/or dispenses medications accurately according to state and federal regulations.
- Documents services in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Actively contributes to medication safety initiatives.
- Utilizes available technology proficiently and to full extent, in their area of practice.
- Ensures all pharmacy operations are in compliance with national accreditation standards.
- Maintains professional interactions with patients to facilitate successful patient experiences.
- Directs staff appropriately to provide safe and efficient care.
- Maintains professional working relationships with all caregivers.
- Promotes a positive work environment by providing constructive ideas and feedback to improve services and the department.
- Educates and trains students, residents, other caregivers, and/or patients.
- Provides cost-effective care.
- Accountable for drug use policy adherence.
- Utilizes time and resources effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PharmD or Bachelors of Science degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh) or eligible for reciprocation in current State within 90 days of hire. Board Certification preferred.
- For individuals required to administer immunizations, current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) and completion of a Board of Pharmacy approved course in the administration of immunizations or certification obtained within 90 days of hire are required.
For individuals required to respond to adult or pediatric cardiopulmonary arrest events, current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification through American Heart Association (AHA), or certification obtained within one (1) year of hire, is required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Completion of a post-graduate year 1 residency (PGY1), fellowship or 2 years of relevant post-graduate pharmacy experience required.
- Post-graduate year 2 residency (PGY2) or relevant experience preferred for Clinical Pharmacists hired in a Specialized Pharmacy practice area (i.e. Critical Care, Oncology).
- Current incumbents as of 6/1/2019 will be grandfathered for work experience requirement.
- Typical physical demands include ability to perform the job while standing and walking for prolonged times, approximately 75% of shift and continuously for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer and dispensing functions of the job; ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Position often includes reaching, stretching, stooping, climbing steps and sitting.
- Must have normal or corrected vision.
- Must have ability to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Apply for Clinical Pharmacist-Internal Medicine
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert