Harbor Health Services
is an innovative, growing, mission-based organization that lives, serves and collaborates with our community members to achieve our mission to help individuals reach their full potential through access to local, affordable services that promote health. Harbor provides medical, behavioral health, dental, and support services to more than 34,000 patients in Boston, the South Shore, and Cape Cod. Harbor Health also operates two Programs for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly in Mattapan and Brockton, providing comprehensive healthcare, transportation and social services for more than 450 frail elders who continue to live with dignity and independence in the community. To help further the mission of Harbor, we are looking for ab talented Clinical Pharmacist
to join our Pharmacy Team at the Harbor Community Health Center in Hyannis.Role:
The Clinical Pharmacist
assumes a primary responsibility and accountability for the provision of safe and effective drug therapy and other pharmaceutical care services intended to achieve outcomes related to the cure, diagnosis or prevention of disease, elimination or reduction of patient's symptoms, or arresting or slowing of a disease process, and improve a patient's quality of life in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team. Additionally, the Clinical Pharmacist coordinates the oral and written consultation with other health care professionals regarding drug therapy selection and management; and develops patient specific drug therapy management plans and therapeutic endpoints. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Position will be based at the Harbor Community Health Center in Hyannis (can also be based out of our Plymouth office) and will require travel to our sites in Plymouth (and Boston) as needed. We offer an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan, Generous Paid Time Off plus 11 additional Holidays and much more! Responsibilities:
- Performs medication therapy management (MTM) pharmacotherapy consultations to patients and/or prescribers promoting high quality, evidence-based, cost-effective pharmaceutical care.
- Schedules appointments with high-risk patients including a multitude of various disease states.
- Completes a comprehensive medication review of prescription and non-prescription medications with emphasis on patient assessment and counseling, safe and effective use of medications, identification of potential drug interactions, and other related activities.
- Completes a pharmacotherapy assessment of patient's claims, past medical history and disease states.
- Assesses patients for medication adherence barriers and develops a plan to maximize patients' medication success through improving or maintaining adherence to medications.
- Develops an individualized plan of care that details actions of the patient and/or prescriber based on the pharmacotherapy assessment.
- Delivers high quality evidence-based therapeutic recommendations to providers.
- Documents clinical consultations including the plan of care into the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Participates in continuing education sessions provided by the department.
- Effectively participates in and contributes to staff meetings and other staff development opportunities and interdepartmental work groups.
- Maintains a high level of clinical knowledge of chronic disease states and changes in pharmacy practice in adult and geriatric patient populations to serve as an authoritative information source on drugs and their utilization in therapy.
- Coordinates care of patients between the community health centers and in-house and retail pharmacies.
- Must be able to travel in a timely manner to all Harbor CHC sites.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- A current, valid, unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers) Certification
- BPS (Board of Pharmacy Specialty) preferred
- MCSR (Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration) and/or completion of ASHP residency preferred
- Two years of clinical pharmacy experience with direct patient care
- Knowledge of chronic disease states and therapies including but not limited to primary care, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiology, pulmonology, diabetes, etc.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with EPIC/OCHIN EMR preferred
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years