Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Engagement Services team provides a variety of clinical services, such as: Adherence, Fraud Waste & Abuse, Medication Therapy Management, Post - Hospital Discharge, and Retrospective Drug Utilization.
The team comprises of clinical pharmacists, certified pharmacy technicians, and customer service representatives that complete various functions to successfully meet the operational requirements of each clinical service. The work hours required will require flexibility to work rotating shifts between the hours of 10:00am and 8:00pm CST, Monday through Friday.
The Clinical Pharmacist
will report into the Operations Team Manager. This role is primarily responsible for performing telephonic consultations with members to complete comprehensive medication reviews and improve disease state management. In addition, the clinical pharmacist will document the care delivered and communicates essential information to the member's primary care providers. In addition, this role may require the pharmacist to interact with members on site as needed and complete the comprehensive medication review in person.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Engage members telephonically and schedule pharmacist consultation appointments with members that participate in any of the clinical programs operationally supported by the Clinical Engagement Services Center
- Utilize prescription claims data to generate clinical recommendations according to Medication Therapy Management and Retrospective Drug Utilization Review program protocols providing clinical recommendations pertaining to, but not limited to, gaps in care, high risk medications, compliance and adherence, drug interactions, therapeutic substitution, and generic substitution
- Assess medication regimen for unnecessary medications, ineffective medications, inappropriate doses, and adverse drug reactions
- Provide patient education on medication regimen and disease states
- Accurately document patient care notes and recommendations in an efficient, professional, concise and clear manner
- Keep current with new and emerging clinical trends
- Active participation in departmental meetings to improve clinical programs and enhance processes
- Follow all policies and procedures related to job
- Meet productivity and performance expectations set forth by management
- Support Clinical Service Engagement team as needed for special projects
- The work hours for this role will require flexibility to work rotating shifts between the hours of 10:00am and 8:00pm CST, Monday through Friday. Extended hours and occasional weekends may be required as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license
- Current and active CDCES, BC-ADM, ASHP Diabetes Management Certificate or APhA Patient Centered Diabetes Care Certificate
- Solid knowledge of disease state management guidelines and the 5 Core Elements of MTM Services (1) Medication Therapy Review - Comprehensive and Targeted, 2) Personal Medication List (PML), 3) Medication-Related Action Plan (MAP), 4) Interventions and Referrals, and 5) Documentation of Services and Follow-up)
- Experience working remotely/independently within a cross functional team environment, self-directed with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to navigate approved MTM platforms and multi-task using multiple databases/platforms, and applications. Competent use of computers/technology
- Availability to work rotating shifts between the hours of 10:00am and 8:00pm CST, Monday through Friday
- Availability to work extended hours and occasional weekends
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Additional Pharmacist License in good standing in Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oregon, or Tennessee
- Bilingual (with ALTA certification) in Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, or Vietnamese
- Board Certified Pharmacist
- Certified Geriatric Specialist
- ACPE MTM Specialist
- 2+ years Pharmacy work experience in retail / community pharmacy and / or PBM, but will consider new graduate experientials
- Call center experience
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Demonstrates interpersonal, consultative, and problem-solving skills - Ability to ask questions to understand patient needs while having empathy and actively listening.
- Solid telephonic skills - Ability to speak clearly and communicate with senior citizens and healthcare professionals
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Capable of defusing conflict appropriately with solid conflict management skills
- Commitment to professionalism and a dedicated desire to advance patient care
- Ability to interact cross functionally within the organization
- Candidate to live within a commutable distance of UnitedHealth Care office location
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with OptumRx
. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.