Join our team! Laredo Medical Center's (LMC) Pharmacy is now hiring a full-time Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator to work with the at LMC's 326 bed acute care hospital. The department is a secure unit in the main campus of Laredo Medical Center. This is a busy department that sometimes requires flexibility in scheduling. Employees report directly to the Director of Pharmacy. The Hospital is located in sunny Laredo, Texas, just 150 miles south of historic San Antonio. Sign-on and relocation bonuses are available for eligible applicants! Read a full position description below.
The Clinical Operations Coordinator Pharmacist guides the clinical applications of Pharmacy Services, ensuring that pharmacy provides optimal clinical services on a daily basis. Coordinator will facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of monitoring of safe, cost-effective drug therapies. Additionally, the Clinical Operations Coordinator Pharmacist will assist in development of policies, procedures, standards, and objectives for the provision of clinical services to patients and customer staff within the vision, mission, ethics, and quality assurance of the Laredo Medical Center. Reports Directly to the Director of Pharmacy. Is responsible for the functional reports and the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee. Supports departmental budget. Reviews and develops plans to comply with CHS Pharmacy Initiatives, and makes recommendations to the Director of Pharmacy on the budget for Education (Patient & Staff) Programs, Newsletters, Speaker Programs, and Community Health Events.
Applicants Job Requirements Include:
- Doctor of Pharmacy required from an accredited institution.
- Required: minimum 6 years of direct clinical coordinator experience in a Hospital Setting or have a year Residency training with 2 years of clinical experience and antimicrobial stewardship certificate
- Preferred: 2 years Residency training
- Licensed to practice in the State of Texas required.
- Completion of an accredited Residency in Hospital Pharmacy, specialty training in Disease State Management
- ACPE IV certification
- Antimicrobial Stewardship certification and specialty training sponsored by the ASHP
- ACLS certification.
- AHA BLS required
- Encouraged any Board of Pharmacy Specialty certifications.