St. Joseph’s Health is seeking acute care nurse practitioners (ACNPs) to fill full time and per diem positions in the growing Division of Critical Care Medicine. Nocturnist positions are available.
The NP will work as part of the Critical Care IDT alongside hospital based Critical Care Medicine Attending Physicians. The majority of time will be spent at the Wayne Campus. A 16 bed MSICU is located at the 229 bed Wayne Campus. The main campus is located approximately 5 miles away in Paterson. The 651 bed Tertiary Care University Hospital has a 28 bed MICU.
The majority of clinical activity will involve direct patient care in the ICUs. On occasion participation in consultation, rapid response or cardiac resuscitation outside the ICU will occur. In addition to bedside care, the NP typically completes ICU admission history and physicals, admission orders and transfer notes. The NP will participate in Critical Care QA and QI. Teaching conferences related to the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship program are available in person or via video link. Candidates should have or will be expected to gain competency in common Critical Care procedures. New Acute Care NP graduates with appropriate acute care nursing experience are welcome to apply. Additional training and education will be provided to acute care graduates.
Shifts are 12 hours in duration. With the exception of nocturnist, shifts rotate between day and night.
On the Wayne Campus the NP will work with the in-house intensivist attending physician during days.
At nights the NP will work independently, with the attending physician on call via phone and available to come in as needed. At the Paterson Campus the NP will work with the attending intensivist physician. Residents and fellows are also part of the IDT at the Paterson Campus.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Compensation includes paid time off, paid CME hours, CME cost reimbursement, health benefits and a 403B retirement plan.
St. Joseph’s Health has a 155-year history of providing outstanding care with multiple in- and out-patient facilities located in Northern NJ. All ICUs are modern and well equipped. The Critical Care Medicine Division is composed of 12 full time physicians, 8 full time NP and 9 fellows. It is responsible for providing education to numerous residencies. Participation in Divisional education, training and research activities is encouraged.
- Work required knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts acquired through completion of a master's degree in Nursing or closely related and three to five years of previous work-related experience.
- Licensure required as a Registered Nurse by the State of New Jersey.
- Certification required as an Advanced Practice Nurse by the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
- Successful completion of department specific orientation and department specific certifications such as BLS, PALS, NRP, ACLS, TNCC, TCAR within one year of hire.
- Any APN administering chemotherapy must be CPHON or ONC certified within one year of hire.
- **Those interested in a Nocturnist position are welcome to apply**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.