Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Pharmacy will oversee various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Dispensing any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. Compounding medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile / ventilated environment. Processing, packing and shipping outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included. Will also oversee drug / supply ordering and inventory / warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units.
The Director of Pharmacy will have up to 20 direct reports in the Home Infusion Pharmacy in Houston, TX. The schedule will be Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 5pm. Must live within a commutable distance to this branch.Primary Responsibilities:
- Supervises, schedules, and evaluates all clinical and supportive pharmacy personnel as it relates to the clinical services provided, sterile compounding, inventory control and purchasing
- Directs, coordinates and supervises all pharmacy activities including drug preparation, sterile product preparation, dispensing and clinical pharmacy services
- Ensures that all pharmacy operations, practices and procedures meet all licensing and standards requirements established by local, state and federal agencies as well as accrediting bodies (e.g. TBP, ACHC, URAC)
- Oversees the procurement of drugs, supplies and equipment used in preparing and administering drugs
- Ensures compliance with all controlled substances related rules, regulations, company policies and maintains proper communication and coordination with other departments and staff
- Leads branch Quality Management / Performance Improvement Program by reviewing data for quality / performance improvement measures and analyzes data reports, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for all aspects of Pharmacy licensure, as required by the multiple states in which the branch is licensed
- Oversight including compliance to and education for all accreditation programs including, ACHC, URAC, etc.
- Monitors for compliance with all HIPAA regulations, adherence to all State and Federal regulations and laws, accrediting bodies (TJC, URAC, etc.), adherence to all infusion pharmacy accepted standards of practice, responsible for handling complaints and / or grievance programs
- Provide oversight of the safety; appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provide to patients (consumers) as it relates to specialty products dispensed
- Sets team direction, resolves problems, and provides guidance to members of own team
- May oversee work activities of other supervisors
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities
- Directly involved in dispensing of medications, obtaining orders, oversight of production and all Pharmacy operations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy or PharmD Degree
- Active, unrestricted Pharmacy license in Texas, or the ability to obtain one
- Sterile Compounding Certification obtained through completion of a single course, a minimum of 40 hours of instruction
- Experience with home infusion services
- 3+ years of clinical pharmacist experience
- Strong, demonstrated working knowledge of the regulations and processes related to sterile compounding and USP 797/800 guidelines
- 3+ years of Pharmacy Leadership experience
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Detail oriented
- Ability to follow all local, state and Federal guidelines and regulations and be prepared for any necessary inspections and audits
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodatios
- Experience with CPR+ software
- 5 years of Leadership experience
- Solid Regulatory Compliance skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with OptumRx.
We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.