SRMC-Sutter Roseville Med CenterPosition Overview:
Delivers pharmaceutical care through the provision of patient-centered clinical service, medication information, education, medication preparation and distribution that ensures safe, effective, and cost efficient medication therapy. Exercises sound judgment, and developed clinical skills to provide input to and implement the patient's plan of care based on the diagnosis in a timely manner. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent patient assessment, attentive monitoring and care, and effective communication. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific tasks and/or orient other staff to the department.Job Description
Doctorate: Graduation from an accredited school of Pharmacy.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
PHARMR-Registered PharmacistSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic and trade pharmaceutical names, pharmaceutical calculations and laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of different Pharmacy practice settings, including narcotic delivery and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to identify and employ pharmaceutical and medical terms, abbreviations and symbols commonly used in prescribing, dispensing, and record keeping of medications.
- Requires a basic working knowledge of legal requirements and accreditation standards including National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), The Joint Commission (TJC), Title XXII, United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), related pharmaceutical technology, EHR, and EPIC.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's PHI.
Full TimeShift Hours:
10Days of the Week:
Every other WeekendBenefits:
RegularNumber of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: