SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have a rewarding opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacy Operations Manager
for our Methodist Hospital Metropolitan.Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is one of the system's nine acute care hospitals. Located near downtown San Antonio, Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan is a 378-bed facility with 12 operating suites, and a dedicated building to mothers and their babies; the Suzell Waller Women's Pavilion. We provide a complete range of health care services to the many neighborhoods and businesses that border our centralized location.We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package, and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(k), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. In addition to base salary, this position is also eligible for an annual incentive. Incentive measures may include HCA financial performance, line of business financial performance, quality, operational indicators or performance goals.
As a Pharmacy Operations Manager, you will provide managerial support to the Director of Pharmacy and other Pharmacy Department Leadership through day to day departmental leadership and coordination of pharmacy workflow. The Operations Manager will coordinate and supervise the daily activities of Pharmacy staff, delegating assignments as necessary in accordance with established policies and procedures and to maintain department productivity. This position is responsible for helping to create a patient and customer focused department in support of the delivery of exceptional patient care. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for attracting and developing a team of highly capable, committed supervisors and staff through recruiting and interviewing candidates that have a passion for patient and customer centered care.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and supervise Pharmacy operations including responsibility for formulating and implementing institutional policy and practice at the department level, and overseeing day to day operations and workflow of the pharmacy department
- Assist in the planning, development, organization, operation, and evaluation of pharmacy services; assesses and changes pharmacy operations in coordination with the pharmacy management team
- Assist in maintaining appropriate information systems to optimize pharmacy workflow
- Assure pharmacy staff development, new employee orientation, and ongoing training in the pharmacy in coordination with other pharmacy managers
- Help assure that policies and procedures are updated and followed in coordination with the pharmacy management team
- Assure compliance with pharmacy laws and provides staff guidance when appropriate in regards to regulatory agencies including The Joint Commission standards, National Patient Safety Goals, and USP 797, and participates in quality assurance activities to evaluate and maintain safe medication practices
- Assist with budget preparation and ongoing cost containment initiatives for medication use and operations; provides other management reports as required
- Assure compliance with departmental productivity targets and assists with staffing proposals
- Help assure proper control of pharmaceutical controlled substances and maintenance of proper records and inventories
- Bachelor's or PharmD Degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy required
- ASHP accredited residency or advanced degree preferred
- 4 years' experience as a hospital pharmacist required
- Applicable State Pharmacy License required
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
HealthTrust is the supply chain solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. If this describes you, we want your knowledge and expertise!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.HT-AFHP