Join Premier Community HealthCare Group (PCHG) as the Director of Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacist. Exciting opportunity to open and develop our Pharmacy services scheduled to open in late 2022 atour Zephyrhills location and expand across Pasco and Hernando counties.
The Director of Pharmacy will be responsible for the overall operation of all Premier Community HealthCare Group (PCHG) pharmacies. The position requires extensive contact with the Chief Medical Officer, medical staff, nursing service staff, 340B Manager, vendors and auditors to ensure a high standard of quality care delivery across PCHG. Promote the adoption of innovation and best practices to support a wide variety of operational activities.
Will accept full responsibility as Clinical Pharmacist-in-Charge while on duty, plus applicable Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and 340B requirements. Includes interpreting prescription orders, packaging, labeling, dispensing, administering and distribution of drugs and devices
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the growth of the organization’s pharmacy services in the areas of an on-site pharmacy and in clinical pharmacy & clinical programs.
- Leads in the creation and support of clinical pharmacy services that work alongside primary are to improve outcomes, lower the total costs of care and improve the satisfaction of the members of the primary care team.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department to ensure that the pharmacy has coverage by a pharmacist.
- Overall responsibility for 340B and medication assistance programs
- Assist Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in the supervision of the pharmaceutical activities of medical providers directly or by delegation.
- Partner with the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and operational leadership to promote effective inventory systems and dispensing practices are in place and audited.
- Supports CMO in handling of pharmacy department reporting, auditing, regulatory and compliance requirements. Ensures Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), AAAHC,340B, and related compliance, and optimization strategies for the department and/or organization.
- Participates in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range planning for Pharmacy; develops tracking and evaluation programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Collaborate with providers on medication management
- Collaborate with Premier Community HealthCare Group management team in ongoing management planning and decision making.
- Oversees and assists with unit-dose preparation.
- Handles, orders and maintains an adequate drug / medication supply.
- Coordinates the pharmacy function with the clinical service lines and the medical and dental staff.
- Oversees inspections of clinical sites
- Responsibilities include consulting and assisting senior leadership in identifying, managing and implementing process and quality improvement strategies and projects.
- Develops process improvement plans which identify key issues, problems, solution approaches, performance metrics and resources required.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Train, coach and develop team members, including staffing and managing performance related concerns
- Ensure confidentiality and HIPAA compliance at all times
- Keep other care team members informed when situations occur that disrupts timely patient flow through pharmacy
- Adhere to patient care needs and the core values of Premier Community HealthCare to a provide best-in-class patient experience
- Work towards attaining department goals and help to drive Quality Improvement / Quality Assurance (QI/QA)
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory responsibilities: Direct supervisory responsibility, including the day-to-day operations and the annual performance evaluation of pharmacy personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient understanding of Pharmacy operations and 340B Program
- Build and maintain strong relationships with care team members to understand culture, support change management and build effective communication plans
- Strong work ethic, ability to maintain and model high personal, ethic and professional integrity, passion, innovation, and collaboration to advance the mission of Premier
- Ability to generate excitement and energy around the Premier’s, mission and activities and cultivate provider engagement
- Must be organized and able to develop a planning approach of program implementation.
- Exceptional writing, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Collaborative skills to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Executive presence and decorum required to represent PCHG and the leadership team
- Graduate of an accredited school of Pharmacy. Preferred PharmD.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Florida
- Ten (10) years proven successful experience as a practicing pharmacist
- Prior experience working with Federally Qualified Health Centers and a 340B pharmacy is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience with healthcare information system, such as electronic health record (EHR)
- Experience in a multiple provider medical practice
Working conditions and physical requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. regularly and 30 lbs.-50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to travel to other PCHG sites
- Direct exposure to computer screen
- May be exposed to contagious/infectious diseases.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Mm2jBmfJ1kKDlsrjpueade