At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for filling and labeling prescriptions, providing drug-related information to patients, hospital employees and medical staff, and supervising the activities of pharmacy technical support staff.
Memorial Hermann Children's Hospital, TMC, seeks a Pharmacist with Pediatrics experience to join our growing team!
Schedule is M-F, days, with every 4th Weekend coverage. Residency is highly desired but not required.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy
Licenses/Certifications: Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Texas; Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an in-house program or other accredited program is required if incumbent compounds sterile products.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years of experience as a hospital Pharmacist (or at discretion of System Executive, System Pharmacy) with knowledge of the unit dose medication and I.V. admixture processes
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Fills and labels prescriptions, and provides drug-related information and education for in-patients, out-patients, hospital employees and medical staff.
- Dispenses controlled substances and maintains appropriate inventory records.
- Supervises the activities of the pharmacy technical staff and Mentors or trains pharmacists, pharmacy students or residents.
- Participates in the Medication Use Evaluation Program and the Process Improvement Program.
- Maintains medication profiles, reviews profiles for drug related problems, and provides consultation on drug research.
- Maintains the scheduling and preparation of I.V. solutions and additives.
- Initiates reports of medication errors or adverse drug interactions.
- Assumes full responsibility for department management in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager or Lead Pharmacist.
- Works with other professionals to generate newsletters. Drafts policies or procedures for review by Pharmacy Director.
- Performs clinical interventions, which may include medication profile review, IV to oral conversion, renal dosing adjustment, antimicrobial streamlining, patient counseling, obtaining medication histories, vancomycin/aminoglycoside dosing, therapeutic drug monitoring, and participation in multidisciplinary rounds.
- Documents clinical interventions.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.