This position is located at our Mobile, AL campus
The Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy (HCOP), Mobile campus, is seeking to fill a full time, non-tenure track faculty position in Critical Care. Depending upon qualifications and experience, candidates may be hired at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Clinical Professor level. The HCOP, Department of Pharmacy Practice provides a premier practice, education and research program. The innovative professional practice and teaching programs of the HCOP provide opportunities for faculty to teach in a student-centered learning environment, including unique and innovative early and advanced experiential programs. Faculty members at the HCOP are leaders among pharmacy educators in the assessment of learning.
- Provide pharmaceutical care services to patients in acute patient care practices affiliated with the Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Surgery/Trauma at the University of South Alabama, College of Medicine located in Mobile, Alabama.
- Precept student clerkships in inpatient (critical care position) or outpatient (ambulatory care position) settings for the Experiential Programs Office of Auburn University, HCOP.
- Develop and sustain a scholarship program appropriate for the faculty member’s professional goals and interests;
- Participate in student-centered instruction to Pharm.D. students at Auburn University, HCOP. Teleconferencing is available for teaching activities, and
- Participate in University and School governance through committee service.
Pertinent Facts about the Positions:
- The Department of Pharmacy Practice has 35 members practicing throughout Alabama and Western Georgia, and over 150 adjunct clinical faculty. Faculty are located in Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, and Auburn/Opelika, Alabama and Columbus, Georgia.
- Mobile, one of the four largest cities in Alabama, is a progressive Alabama city on the Gulf Coast with a metropolitan population of approximately 600,000. It is located approximately 220 miles from Auburn University. Auburn University HCOP has a satellite pharmacy education program on the campus of the University of South Alabama (USA). This program provides synchronous instruction to all four years of pharmacy education for approximately 120 students on the Mobile campus. There are currently five Mobile Pharmacy Practice faculty practicing at unique practice sites.
- Interprofessional education is a priority of the collaboration between the Auburn HCOP and the University of South Alabama Health Science division. As such, opportunities exist to serve as an adjunct professor with the University of South Alabama, College of Medicine. The successful candidate is encouraged to participate in both pharmacy and medical resident education.
- Candidates with expertise in Surgery, Trauma, Critical Care and Burns are encouraged to apply for the Critical Care position.
Applicants must have a PharmD and completion of an ASHP accredited PGY1 residency program at the time of employment. Candidates must be licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Alabama or reciprocate their license from another state within the first 180 days of employment. Excellent written, teamwork, and interpersonal communication skills are required. A PGY2 residency in critical care is preferred.
All applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time the appointment begins and throughout the term of employment. Candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statements of immediate and long term scholarly and research aspirations, as well as the names and addresses (include e-mail address and phone number) of 3 references. Interested candidates should apply online at the following link:
Review of applications will begin August 1, 2022, Questions can be submitted via e-mail to Dr. Emily McCoy at email@example.com. Questions may be addressed via telephone at 251-445-9310.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability Employer