Faculty will have responsibilities that include didactic teaching, clinical practice with experiential education of students, student advising, service to the College, and scholarly endeavors. Faculty will be expected to actively participate in assigned course activities and committees, as well as attend and contribute to scheduled Departmental, College and Larkin University faculty meetings. As scholarship is an integral component of faculty life, all Departmental faculty are expected to maintain an active program of scholarship. Clinical Practice Faculty will be expected to contribute to the patient care and service missions of their assigned clinical practice site. We are currently hiring for three (3) positions (1 inpatient/internal medicine; 1 ambulatory care; and 1 cardiology, infectious disease, oncology, or psychiatry specialist).
- Work closely with the Dean and Department Chair in ensuring the integrity of the University and the College of Pharmacy (COP) are in line with the founding principles, values, mission, and goals;
- Ensure the development, furtherance, and improvement of curriculum and educational assessment tools;
- Be available to coordinate and teach assigned course(s), class(s), and subject(s) at an appointed time;
- Develop an active clinical practice site that facilitates high-quality experiential education and scholarship;
- Develop and deliver experiential education rotations as assigned by the Department Chair and in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Experiential Education;
- Work with Department Chair and practice site liaison to facilitate training and mentoring of post-doctoral trainees (e.g. PGY-1,2 residents) at their clinical practice site;
- Work with Department Chair and practice site liaison to facilitate participation in assigned committees at their clinical practice site;
- Work with Department Chair to formulate a strategy to develop and sustain a program of scholarship;
- Work with Department Chair and Assistant Dean of Experiential Education to facilitate preceptor training and mentoring at their clinical practice site;
- Maintain a productive output of scholarly contributions, such as peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals;
- Disseminate knowledge by scholarly presentation at appropriate scientific and academic platforms;
- Assist in activities related to program accreditation by various national, regional, state and other accreditation and regulatory agencies;
- Serve on committee(s) of COP/University;
- Ensure mentoring of students;
- Represent the Department, College and University to external institutions, organizations and agencies;
- Ensure compliance with all LU policies and procedures;
- Promote safe working conditions and procedures;
- Promote collegiality, professional and ethical behaviors; and
- Perform other duties as requested by the Chair and/or Dean
Job Requirements and Application:
Candidates shall have a PharmD with residency and/or fellowship training (or equivalent experience) and be licensed/eligible for Florida licensure. Many different potential practice sites are available including our partner teaching hospitals and clinics. All specialties are considered and encouraged to apply; however, preferences are for internal medicine, ambulatory care or specialist in the areas of infectious diseases, psychiatry, oncology, or cardiology. Larkin University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and this position is open to all candidates authorized to work in the United States.
Potential candidates should submit a complete application packet which includes a) a cover letter, b) a statement of teaching, and scholarly philosophy with respect to experience or interests, c) current curriculum vitae, d) three (3) names of references with complete contact information. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application packet and questions regarding the position should be submitted to Dr. Juan Mosley (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the Search Committee, Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences. The Application review process will continue until the positions are filled.