New Haven, ConnecticutCategory:
Full Time Benefits EligibleDepartment:
IP Pharmacy ServicesScheduled Hours:
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As members of a High Reliability Organization (HRO), every employee should practice CHAMP behavior and strive to make patient safety a top priority. To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day. The clinical pharmacist II supports the vision, mission, and goals of YNHHS and the Department of Pharmacy and demonstrates proficiency in all basic clinical pharmacist skills. The clinical pharmacist II must have met all general requirements of the clinical pharmacist position, in addition to requirements as set forth by the department Career Ladder.
- 1. Customer Service Quality
- 1.1 Demonstrate and promote CHAMP behaviors
2. Medication Management
- 2.1 Conduct timely, accurate medication order review that considers all patient characteristics including laboratory values and vital signs
3. Medication Preparation and Distribution
- 3.1 Demonstrate competency in pharmacy automation and technology as applicable to work area
4. Medication Safety, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality Assurance
- 4.1 Adhere to all departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines
- 5.1 Provide education and training to other pharmacy staff members, pharmacy students and residents, and health care team members, via educational inservice or as a preceptor
6. Financial/Volume Results
- 6.1 Contribute to departmental cost-reduction/revenue generation
Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy with a B.S. or PharmD degree
Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency or equivalent experience is preferred, but not required. Minimum of two years of relevant experience specific to practice area is required.
Current Connecticut Pharmacist License, or eligible for pharmacist licensure in the state of Connecticut
This individual should demonstrate in depth knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics, and understand pharmacy systems of drug distribution and formulary management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others are required. Additional Information
YNHHS Requisition ID