The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy (UNMC-COP) and Nebraska Medicine invite applications for a 12-month, clinical non-tenure track faculty position in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science. The clinical practice area for this position is in the adult acute care setting at Nebraska Medicine. The Adult Acute Care Pharmacist shall be a full-time employee of the UNMC College of Pharmacy with an academic appointment commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Adult Acute Care Pharmacist’s primary appointment is with UNMC COP (75% effort) and Nebraska Medicine (25% effort).
The UNMC COP seeks a dynamic individual that has a passion for both acute clinical care as well as teaching within the pharmacy profession. Teaching is expected and will include course coordination and instruction of courses in the professional curriculum and clinical instruction of pharmacy students in experiential rotations. Scholarly activity directly related to clinical practice or teaching is also required. The position will support the Profession, The College of Pharmacy, Nebraska Medicine, and the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science through service to committees and professional organizations.
Nebraska Medicine responsibilities include:
1) Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, pharmacists, case managers, nurses, behavioral health counselors, and nutritionists focusing on the management and care of a population of patients with acute/chronic diseases,
2) Participate in ongoing performance improvement activities focused on improving patient clinical outcomes,
3) Provide periodic continuing medical education programs to medical providers at Nebraska Medicine.
4) All clinical services provided by UNMC COP faculty shall be directed by Nebraska Medicine under the direction of Nebraska Medicine Pharmacy leadership in collaboration with the UNMC COP to provide maximum consistency while meeting the needs of Nebraska Medicine.
UNMC-COP responsibilities include:
1) Provide didactic and experiential education.
2) Participate in service at the UNMC COP, including, but not limited to, serving on College committees as assigned.
3) Advise and mentor students, residents and junior faculty.
4) Develop and participate in scholarly activities
Qualifications: Candidates who share our commitment to innovative teaching and practice, exceptional research, and leadership are encouraged to apply. Candidates must possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.). Candidates must be eligible for pharmacy licensure in Nebraska. Board Certification is expected. Excellent written and verbal communication and personal skills are required. The faculty member will report directly to the Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science and be provided with a competitive salary.
Application Instructions: Interested individuals are requested to submit a letter of application with a brief description of practice goals, teaching philosophy, and research focus along with their curriculum vitae. Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Materials should be submitted electronically to: jobs.unmc.edu with three references and complete contact information. For additional information contact Anthony Podany, PharmD, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science, 986145 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198-6145. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 402.559.1939. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.