The Iowa River Landing General Internal Medicine Clinic is seeking a full time, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist. The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist role is charged with the responsibilities of providing pharmaceutical care services, including but not limited to, the pharmacist-run Anticoagulation and Pharmacotherapy Clinics, as well as potentially PrEP and LGBTQ Clinics. The Pharmacy Specialist also serves as a role-model/practitioner-educator for Doctor of Pharmacy students and pharmacy residents and carries out clinical practice responsibilities for the Department of Pharmaceutical Care.
Education and Certification Requirements
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree is required
- Eligibility for or current license by the Iowa Board of Pharmacy Examiners is required prior to start
- Board certification in an applicable area within 12 months of hire is required
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy practice residency OR 2 years’ experience in a complex multi-disciplinary healthcare environment is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Job-related experience with and/or commitment to service excellence is required
- Job-related experience with and/or commitment to diversity in the work environment is required
- Satisfactory completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY2 residency in Ambulatory Care is highly desirable
- Active board certification in Ambulatory Care or Pharmacotherapy is highly desirable
- Able to work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, manage details, and deliver results in an environment with competing demands
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
University of Iowa Health Care–Iowa River Landing offers the world-class, academic-level medicine you expect from UI Hospitals and Clinics in a convenient medical office building that makes visiting the doctor a pleasant experience. Our pledge at UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing is that our patients will receive the best possible care in a friendly, compassionate, efficient way.
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits
To apply for this position, visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu/
Requisition Number: 22003435
For additional information please contact:
Heidi Wood, Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Ambulatory Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.