Summary of Duties:
Washington State University (WSU) College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacotherapy, is seeking to hire (1) full-time, annual, non-tenure track, 12- month position, for a Clinical Assistant Professor (Career Track). The clinical site for this position is Comprehensive Health Care in Yakima, Washington, and will entail direct clinical psychiatric pharmacist patient care.
- Maintenance of an innovative clinical pharmacy practice which includes but is not limited to:
- Crisis evaluation and intervention – risk assessment, client stabilization, documentation
- Medication administration, monitoring, documentation, education
- Comprehensive medication therapy management and treatment planning
- Performs client assessment and evaluation
- Completes comprehensive medication therapy reviews
- Conducts treatment planning, initiation and evaluation/monitoring
- Provides medication education to clients, families, providers, community
- Orders and evaluates relevant laboratory studies including pharmacogenomics
- Proficient in managing clients of all ages – pediatric, adult, geriatric
- Works collaboratively with clients, families, and other professionals to coordinate care
- Provides detailed documentation of treatment planning and care provided
- Supervision of pharmacy students during clinical rotations
- Assisting clinical site with the development of PGY2 Psychiatric Pharmacy Residency Program(s)
- Precepting of PGY2 Psychiatric Pharmacy residents
- Participation in instruction in various courses in the PharmD curriculum
- Provision of service to the practice site, department, college, and university
- Liaison between practice site and the College
- Development and maintenance of a program of scholarship
Individuals with a strong commitment to an academic career and an interest in innovative teaching and clinical practice models are encouraged to apply. The faculty member will be expected to contribute scholarly work in their area of clinical expertise and support the college through participation in service-related activities according to the College's Promotion Guidelines. This is a one (1) year renewable appointment with a preferred start date of July 1, 2022. Subsequent renewals are subject to satisfactory performance, mutual consent, and available funding.
Candidates must possess a PharmD and have residency and/or fellowship training in psychiatric pharmacy. Equivalent training and/or experience will be considered. Board certification in Psychiatric Pharmacy through the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties is preferred. Eligibility for Washington pharmacist licensure required. This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Position Specific Qualifications (prior completion or within 30 days of hire):
- Blood borne pathogen training
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- APhA immunization certificate
- Completion of mandatory WSU training as outlined by the university and the department.
- CITI training recommended (WSU IRB)
- WA pharmacist licensure
The WSU campus in Spokane houses the main office of the Department of Pharmacotherapy. The department supports WSU-affiliated residency programs at clinical sites in Spokane, Yakima, and Wenatchee. It also supports the doctor of pharmacy program at our extension campus in Yakima. The department integrates Yakima's clinical faculty members into all aspects of the college, including team-taught courses and precepting students during their advanced practice experiences. For more information on the department, college and WSU, see https://pharmacy.wsu.edu/ and https://pharmacy.wsu.edu/pharmacotherapy/.
Comprehensive Healthcare is a private nonprofit organization that offers a full range of mental health and substance use disorder treatment services, with special programs for veterans, victims of crime, parents, and employee assistance programs. Since the 1970’s, Comprehensive Healthcare has been providing services to children, adults, and families throughout Eastern Washington. More than 700 highly trained and qualified professional staff members provide behavioral healthcare to Benton, Franklin, Kittitas, Klickitat, Yakima, and Walla Walla Counties, and serve over 20,000 individuals each year. Comprehensive Healthcare has also earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Behavioral Healthcare Accreditation for demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. Comprehensive has clinical sites across Eastern WA and the primary practice location is in Yakima, WA.
For information on Comprehensive Healthcare see: https://comphc.org/about/
In accordance with Washington State Governor's Proclamation 21.14.2, as a condition of employment, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation by time of hire. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their last shot in a vaccine series. Full vaccination status or an approved accommodation will be verified prior to your first day of work. Should you not be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation you will not be able to start employment with WSU. Information regarding vaccine verification and/or requesting a medical/religious accommodation is available at https://hrs.wsu.edu/covid-19/vax-verification/. Please contact HRS at email@example.com or 509-335-4521 if you have questions.
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Tenure Track: No
Temporary End Date: This is a temporary position expected to end one year after date of hire. Renewal is dependent on the need for extension and/or if additional funding is secured to extend employment.
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Yakima, WA
Department Link: College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: June 21, 2022; open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: At the time of application, please be prepared to submit the following materials: A letter of application describing your professional goals, relevant academic preparation, and experience; and a current curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
The screening of applications will begin on June 21, 2022, and continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Inquiries only may be directed to Angie Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Documents: Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.