Tenure-Track Assistant/Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice and Admin Science (3773)
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
This tenure-track faculty position provides instruction for the PharmD professional curriculum and maintains a clinical pharmacy practice site in mental health at the Boise VA Medical Center in Boise, Idaho. Specific teaching duties include mental health advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs) for fourth-year pharmacy students and clinical shadowing for second- and third-year students. Coordination of the Central Nervous System (CNS) therapeutics module is also expected as well as other teaching as assigned. This individual also serves on College of Pharmacy, Division of Health Sciences, and Idaho State University committees. An active research and scholarship program is expected. Key responsibilities include:
- Didactic instruction in professional program (30%)
- Research and scholarly activity (30%)
- Clinical practice and clinical teaching in mental health (30%)
- Service to the university and the pharmacy profession (10%)
- Pharm.D. degree from an accredited college of pharmacy with a PGY2 residency in mental health, behavioral health, or psychiatric pharmacy practice OR
- Pharm.D. degree from an accredited college of pharmacy with a PGY1 residency and at least two years equivalent experience in similar clinical setting
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Board certification in psychiatric pharmacy
- Post-doctoral fellowship or Master’s degree in related discipline
- Previous academic experience including development and dissemination of scholarship
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1556?c=isu
Please submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.