Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, KDHS (8085)
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
This is a 12-month, non-tenure track clinical assistant/associate professor faculty position in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences. This position is primarily responsible for establishing a community pharmacy clinical practice service, coordinating/directing the post-graduate Community Pharmacy Residency program, as well as didactic and experiential teaching responsibilities in the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum. An active scholarship program is expected, commensurate with agreed upon time allocation.
This position is critical to the success of departmental and college goals. Its responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Didactic teaching, including course coordination
- Experiential (advanced and introductory pharmacy practice experiences [APPE/IPPE]) teaching
- Oversight (directing) of Community Pharmacy Residency program
- Engage in college, university, local, regional and national committee representation
- Work with local/state organizations to advocate for community pharmacy-provided clinical services
- College liaison for the Academia-Community Pharmacy Enhanced Services Network (CPESN) Transformation Pharmacy Collaborative
- Develop and maintain an active scholarship program
Clinical Practice (40%):
- Serve as a resource and assist in the development and delivery of innovative community pharmacy practice services at Bengal Pharmacy and affiliated sites
- Patient care activities such as develop collaborative care practices within integrated health service models, medication therapy management, and collaborative post-diagnostic disease management
- Other clinical activities such as medication use evaluations, staff development, participation in health partners committee(s) or other applicable committees
- Dispensing/medication administration activities as needed for clinical services
Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair. Percent time allocations are approximate and subject to change with Department Chair approval.
This position reports to the Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Science, College of Pharmacy.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Completion of an accredited PGY1 residency program
- Eligibility for pharmacist licensure in Idaho
- Evidence of scholarly activity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least three years of pharmacy practice OR completion of accredited PGY1 and PGY2 residencies with one or more years of practice experience in a community or ambulatory environment
- Board certification and/or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MPH)
- Teaching experience (didactic, distance, experiential)
- Advanced scholarship
- Experience with the delivery of pharmacy services to rural or under-served populations
- Desire to move the profession forward through innovative clinical practice
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1507?c=isu
Please submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.