Join a dynamic healthcare team! CompleteRx is collaborating with Cherokee Nation Health Services to recruit candidates for an Oklahoma-based Senior Director of Pharmacy Services opportunity. With a strong focus on patient care and a trusted name in medicine, Cherokee Nation can help you achieve a fulfilling professional career. Your positive leadership and innovation will enable Cherokee Nation to provide first class services to employees and patients. The work location will be in Tahlequah, OK.
Cherokee Nation Health Services operates nine health clinics and one hospital in Oklahoma, with its largest campus in Tahlequah. Every year, Cherokee Nation Health Services sees nearly 1.3 million patients who have made Cherokee Nation Health Services their healthcare provider of choice. We are committed to enhancing the health and well-being of the communities in which we operate.
Join Cherokee Nation as Oklahoma offers a high quality of life with an abundance of recreational opportunities and lovely communities among the Ozarks' flowing rivers and rolling green hillsides. You can enjoy the charm of a small town or the convenience of a metropolis, they are also conveniently placed near major cities - Tulsa, OK (1 hour), Fort Smith, AR (1.5 hour), Fayetteville, AR (1.5 hour), and Joplin, MO (2 hours).
The Senior Director of Pharmacy Services will be responsible for overseeing Cherokee Nation Health System's daily pharmacy operations for both inpatient and outpatient services, with the support of CompleteRx’s operations team providing resources and expertise. The individual will advise and lead all pharmacy site managers on all aspects of pharmacy operations across all locations. The position will ensure a safe, consistent, and effective medication distribution model on all Cherokee Nation campuses, as well as an interdisciplinary approach to working with Cherokee Nation's multiple service lines.
Cherokee Nation Health Services:
- Largest tribally operated health care system in the United States
- Nationwide model for comprehensive rural healthcare
- Nine health centers
- One hospital
- 2,400 employees
- 200+ providers
- 38 clinical and non-clinical specialties
- Public Health System – PHAB
- Adolescent rehab center
The Cherokee Nation is a sovereign tribal government. Upon settling in Indian Territory (present-day Oklahoma) after the Indian Removal Act, the Cherokee people established a new government in what is now the city of Tahlequah, Oklahoma. A constitution was adopted on September 6, 1839, 68 years prior to Oklahoma’s statehood. Services provided include health and human services, education, employment, housing, economic and infrastructure development, environmental protection and more.
What You Will Do:
- Evaluates operations on an ongoing basis to ensure safe, appropriate, cost-effective care delivery
- Ensure administration expectations are met
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with CNHS administration and the administration at each remote site
- Develops, enforces, and maintains policies and procedures that promote cost-effective, appropriate, and safe drug use
- Evaluates operations on an ongoing basis using principles of continuous process improvement
- Develops, implements, checks, and retools action plans to address variances and improve performance
- Maintains a quality improvement plan for the inpatient and outpatient Pharmacy departments
- Ensures the pharmacy is in compliance with all federal, state, and other regulatory agency laws and standards including professional practice standards
- Maintains all required departmental dashboards
- Prepares required reports for contract
- Assists with compliance requirements of HIPAA
- Manage and develop direct reports
- Manages a team of pharmacy supervisors and/or other health professionals
- Acts as a mentor and role model to develop internal talent
- Maintains succession plans for key positions
- Manage financial performance
- Prepares budgets for account
- Ensures fiscal responsibility for all sites through formulary compliance enforcement
- Contribute to the organization
- Participate in company initiatives to achieve corporate strategic objectives
- Assuring care to individuals eligible for services in accordance with the self-governance and funding agreement between Cherokee Nation and the United States under the authority of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act
- Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy
- PharmD and/or MBA/MHA degree preferred
- Current license to practice pharmacy in State of Oklahoma
- Preferred 5 years management experience in a health system with a hospital setting of 100+ staffed beds or equivalent, as well as multiple ambulatory and outpatient care Pharmacies
- Strong working knowledge of pharmacy automation including but not limited to automated dispensing cabinets, carousel technology, packaging equipment, and smart pumps
- Strong working knowledge of Pharmacy Informatics systems, especially Cerner is a plus
- Preferred experience in mail order and long-term care Pharmacy
- Recent experience as a Pharmacy consultant in development of organizational processes is preferred
- Experience overseeing pharmacy residency and student programs preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
As an employee of Cherokee Nation, we nurture a collaborative, high performance culture and offer a challenging career along with a comprehensive benefit package.