Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Director, Pharmacy who:
Directs the work flow and efficiency of the Pharmacy Department. Directs the formulates policies and action plans to meet established goals and complexity of patient care needs in alignment with the strategic goals of the organization. Provides leadership and direction to build an effective pharmacy team. Leads with an operational focus, setting strategy, objectives, and policies. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
- Administers comprehensive pharmacy programs that include; I.
- V. additive unit Dose, chemotherapy, outpatient and clinical pharmacy programs. Provides guidance and assistance in the development of a Drug Formulary. Ensures all patients are charted appropriately to reflect proper drug utilization.
- Acts as a general liaison between the hospital and medical staff on medication usage and application. Establishes departmental regulations, procedures and standards in conformance with JCAHO, licensure requirements and Hospital Administrative Policy. Confers with other department heads regarding technical and administrative aspects of pharmaceutical service.
- Develops, implements and maintains departmental budget through cost effective use of supplies and effective fiscal management of operations. Plans, promotes and initiates new programs and services.
- Advises and acts as a general liaison between the hospital and medical staff on medication usage and application. Manages staffing and scheduling to optimize production. Interviews, selects, hires, evaluates and provides orientation and training of new employees. Maintains a safe working climate where safety standards meet or exceed OSHA requirements and Hazardous Materials Guidelines. Develops pharmacists to improve performance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Graduate of school of pharmacy: Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD): Preferred
- Seven year's hospital pharmacy experience: Preferred
- Five years leadership experience: Preferred
- Pharmacist license in the state of practice: Required
- Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.