SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Schedule: Mixed Shifts (Rotating Weekend)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
As a Clinical Pharmacist
, you are responsible for the safe, effective, evidence-based, and cost-effective selection and utilization of medications for the patients you serve. You will utilize your advanced pharmacist knowledge, skills, and professional judgment in all aspects of your work. You will serve as a patient advocate when planning and implementing pharmaceutical care within a multidisciplinary rounding team, collaborating with other healthcare professionals in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Verifies Computerized Physician Order Entry orders for accuracy and appropriateness. Intervenes when orders are unclear or potentially unsafe or inappropriate
- Interprets medication orders (verbal and written) and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately and follows facility practices and procedures for documentation in the patient's medical record
- Trouble shoots/clarifies Centralized Order Entry orders
- Prepares and dispenses medications, including sterile, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition preparations safely and accurately using appropriate techniques, USP 797 & 800 guidelines
- Evaluates Total Parenteral Nutrition for appropriateness based on facility policies and guidelines or ASPEN guidelines or recommendations as appropriate
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law. In addition follows corporate policies and procedures related to the dispensing and monitoring of controlled substances
- Ensures safe, appropriate, evidence-based, and cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Monitors medication therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, drug-laboratory test interactions, allergies, appropriateness of drug and dose, indications and therapeutic duplications.
- B.S. or Pharm D. degree in Pharmacy
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- Graduate of an accredited residency is preferred.
- 2 years hospital pharmacist experience is preferred.
is the supply chain solution for HCA Healthcare. We lead a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and creative leaders who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. We have partnered with over 1,600 hospitals for their purchasing needs. Our organization has been continually recognized by Practice Greenhealth as being committed to environmentally responsible practices.HCA Healthcare
is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability statusNotice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.