At Kaiser Permanente, our focus on total health allows us to work as one. As one team driven by talented, passionate health care professionals. One community focused on making healthy choices. One organization using the latest innovations and most advanced care to serve 12.5 million people across the country. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in each member’s mind, body, and spirit, join us at the heart of health care.
Supervisor Inpatient Pharmacy
Santa Rosa, California
Provides supervision and technical/clinical direction to pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees in an Inpatient Pharmacy setting. Ensures compliance with State & Federal laws, regulations, and standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services, and Divisional Pharmacy objectives, policies and procedures. Assists the Inpatient Pharmacy Director with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned area(s).
- Assists the Inpatient Pharmacy Director with the development and implementation of pharmacy strategic initiatives and provides technical/clinical direction and supervision to pharmacy staff. Responsible for assigned pharmacy services /activities including day-to-day operations, drug distribution, drug education, pharmacists clinical activities, performance measurement/improvement, regulatory compliance, employee development and multi-disciplinary team development. Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and standards. Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and the Inpatient Pharmacy Director to implement, evaluate and improve quality management programs. Administers organizational and departmental policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis. Provides leadership, direction and supervision of pharmacy staff including recommendations regarding hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, discipline, training, performance evaluation/management. As assigned, accountable for pharmacy quality, service and fiscal outcomes. Ensures that all staff have adequate and ongoing training to enhance and assure job performance. Participates in designing, implementing, evaluating/improving systems, methods and processes designed to enhance quality, improve service, and enhance cost effectiveness. Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous supervisory or functional direction experience required.
- B.S. degree in pharmacy OR Pharm. D required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure as a pharmacist in California required. Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others. Demonstrated ability to exercise self-initiative and innovation. Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations. Demonstrated knowledge of inpatient and/or outpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects. Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a professional team. Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1024659.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers