Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
TAt OptumRx, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're reinventing Pharmacy Benefit Management by taking Pharmacists out of a retail or hospital setting and letting them care for our members over the phone. It's a chance to work in a non-traditional setting as you consult with physicians regarding medications and overall wellness. Even better, you'll enjoy greater freedom and still have an opportunity to positively impact our members' lives.Primary Responsibilities:
- Oversees the activities of pharmacy technicians, pharmacy clerks and customer service advocates
- Organizes workload, sets priorities, completes assignments in a timely manner and utilizes resources appropriately while complying with department program standards
- Performs all duties and functions in compliance with state and federal pharmacy laws and regulations
- Conforms with and supports department quality assurance and improvement guidelines
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK DAY AND EVENING SHIFTS
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- BS in pharmacy or PharmD degree
- Active and unrestricted pharmacist license in good standing in state of Texas
- 1+ years of experience working as a licensed pharmacist
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- PBM or managed care experience
- Home delivery, fulfillment
- High-volume retail pharmacy experience
- Automated equipment experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers with OptumRx.
We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Specialty Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacist, PharmD, San Antonio, TX, Texas